Upworthy Just Hired A Viking? 49 Reasons Why

viking, upworthy, curator, shark,

So I thought in an effort to do things a little bit differently, I would compile a list of 49 reasons why you should hire me as your next Curator at Upworthy. In all honesty, this job sounds like it was designed for me. Here we go.

1. Call me Katniss…I hunt good content on the web like I’m in The Hunger Games
  2. I can work from anywhere…except underwater
  3. The bigger the project, the greater my excitement
  4. I love the pressure. I was our closing pitcher in high school
  5. I like to eat problems. They consist of roughly 15% of my diet
  6. Majored in Marketing
  7. Minored in Entrepreneurship
  8. 3+ plus years ago I started a journey to become a better man
  9. If we ever have a team camping trip, and run out of food, I can fish…and fend off packs of bears
  10. I prefer conservateur (curator in French)
  11. I’m not scared of the dark
  12. Social media runs thick in my blood (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
  13. Love is at my core
  14. Passion drives me
  15. I will never quit
  16. Data and I have a personal relationship…but not like the one in Her
  17. The Container Store makes me warm inside
  18. I like to think outside of the box…then take it apart and turn it into something else
  19. I love creating communities of people. My tribe is around 60,000
  20. I’ve written almost 600+ blogs
  21. I Appreciate A Good Headline

22. When someone says smart, I think Specific Measurable Achievable Realistic Time based goals
  23. I’m always looking to innovate and make things better
  24. I’m a hopeful romantic
  25. I want to make a difference in the world
  26. My mission – to inspire people to live powerful and impassioned lives
  27. This is a dream job. Nuff’ said
  28. If I don’t know the answer to something, I know where to go looking for it
  29. I aspire to inspire…which sometimes causes me to perspire
  30. I have a slight obsession with personal development
  31. Parents trust me with their children
  32. I’m reliable
  33. Mediocrity is the enemy
  34. I’ve spent almost every day for the last few months looking at videos on Upworthy
  35. Hard working? Up at 5, in the gym till 8:15, work all day, cardio at night
  36. I have my sh*t together
  37. On The Beauty Of Women
  38. Flexible? I can touch my toes
  39. I love to learn
  40. “Make it simple but significant” – Don Draper
  41. Editing is sexy
  42. Teamwork? I envision the Spartan Phalanx
  43. I Seek To Live A Bold Life
  44. The visual aspect absolutely adds to the story – A little about me
  45. “Write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence you know.” – Hemingway
  46. You either have the results or the reasons why not
  47. I like to change the game
  48. I’m personally accountable
  49. But really…my ancestors were Vikings. Comon’ there’s always room for a Viking

So how about we do this? 🙂

thebettermanprojects@gmail.com

pulpfictionme
    January 29, 2014 at 2:54 pm

you’re hired 🙂

safi4775
    January 29, 2014 at 3:08 pm

On the beauty of women = the killer blow, in the most loving and peaceful of ways 😉 Good luck!!

Keith R. Higgons
    January 29, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Bravo! Well done sir. Well done.

The future is unwritten. – Joe Strummer

missraychanel84
    January 29, 2014 at 4:13 pm

I love #43; I want to do the same thing. My mortal fear is being boring, so I’m constantly doing something a bit out of the ordinary to not only keep me interested, but to be interesting.

Azeez Khan
    January 29, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Hahaha this was genuinely very well written and so much fun to read! Do check out my blog ”The Thinker’s Gamble” as well, and give me a follow if you think the content is cool! 😀

Good luck man!

Herman D. Alvaranga
    January 30, 2014 at 3:26 am

I like you reasons for being hire. Now add just one more. I took a 2-week Jamaican vacation and had coffee up in the Blue Mountains.

Herman D. Alvaranga
      January 30, 2014 at 3:28 am

I like you reasons for being hired. Now add just one more. I took a 2-week Jamaican vacation and had coffee up in the Blue Mountains

thebettermanprojects
      January 30, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Haha I wish! I’ve always wanted to go to Jamaica

JustJohn
    January 30, 2014 at 5:46 am

i’m dismayed by the business ethics [sic] of such outfits like upworthy. i have no problem with scouring for other people’s content and spreading it. i do have a huge problem with giving the impression that it is your own AND deliberately hiding the source of said content as much as is possible. the only things these sorts of businesses contribute is a headline and obfuscation of the content creator.

thebettermanprojects
      January 30, 2014 at 10:12 am

Please check the “about section” on Upworthy for the videos. thanks!

MomBox
    January 31, 2014 at 10:49 am

Ha HA!! If you get hired on, I will definitely add Upworthy back onto my Facebook newsfeed. For now, I’m so happy to follow your blog…Cheers 🙂

dotedon
    February 21, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Good luck Evan!! You are following my blog and you are hot 🙂 (What else can one ask for??)