The Better Man Project

You Have To Want It, More Than You Are Afraid Of It

%inspirational quotes

You have to want it more than you are afraid of it not happening. In 2013, I learned a great deal about myself. But most importantly, I learned what I really do want from this life. And as I sit here tapping away at the keys at 3 am, I realize that 2014 needs to be dedicated to something besides “just doing” what I have learned in the past year. It needs to be devoted to being the most extraordinary version of myself I can possibly be.

%inspirational quotes

Every day, we have opportunities to grow, change, and rise to the occasion. What may just seem like another day is actually an opportunity to do something fantastic. True, most of the days we have may start off as normal, but our plans that we have for ourselves, if implemented, can truly turn something mediocre into something, well, extraordinary. It takes effort. Lots and lots of effort. Everything in the world is going to be pushing you to just stay the same. Because that’s where the majority of us are. We live in the middle. Not in the sense of  classes etc, but in the sense of what we are doing with ourselves. When we start moving towards the edge, that’s when things become exciting. However, at the same time, that’s when the uncertainty of the future becomes greater and greater. You have to decide for yourself if you are okay living in a land of uncertainty yet committed to total belief in what you are doing. Trust me, it’s tough.

%inspirational quotes

Call it the universe, call it God, call it whatever you want to call it, but the fact remains the same. You are here for a reason and you have talents that need to be drilled into skills. What ends up happening though is that we worry too much about what other people think or believe that what we are doing isn’t going to happen because of one reason or another. Most of the time, great ideas die with the people who they live in. People take their dreams to the grave and never see them through because they are just too afraid. Fear is the primary killer of dreams. This could be fear of failure, fear of opinions, fear of ridicule…but nonetheless, fear drives one to shrink in the opportunity they have.

It would be stupid for me to say to not be afraid. Anyone that tells you that they aren’t scared ever should probably see a doctor. It’s what you do after being afraid that counts. That’s where courage comes in. Courage is that insane  20 seconds after being deathly afraid where magic happens. It’s completely fine to be afraid, but like I have said before, you have to want it more than you are fearful of it. You have to decide that it’s what you want to be white-hot and passionate about and then go for it. Without that decision, you will squander back and forth for eternity. Decide.

%inspirational quotes

Be driven by everything and everyone telling you no. Make that your fuel. Don’t let it bring you down. Let it motivate you to keep going. The people who make the biggest difference in this world are the ones who don’t let the outside world effect their souls belief in their dreams. Protect your dreams with dragons, guards, and trolls. Do whatever you can to keep them safe and harbor that belief. You would be surprised how easy it is to let a voice or an opinion dig their way into your cave and then slowly burn everything within. Only let it people and words that continue your infectious belief in your purpose.

- Evan Sanders

71 Comments

1. June 2, 2014

[…] You Have To Want It, More Than You Are Afraid Of It […]

2. January 10, 2014

[…] the process of reflecting and writing this, I came across this sentence:   You have to want it more than you are afraid of it not happening. Bam.  There it […]

3. January 10, 2014

Fantastic post Evan; rings so true for me. I love the title of your post, so much! It will stick with me, and meshes so well with what I want to focus on this year.

4. January 9, 2014

Reblogged this on United Parenting and commented:
    An inspiring blog for all, most especially those of us who feel tired right now and need reminding that every day has the potential for brilliance!!

5. January 8, 2014

Reblogged this on carmen.

6. January 5, 2014

Absolutely Loved this reminder. Especially to safeguard my destiny from others opinions leaking into my courage, dampening it somehow. Thank you so much. Such inspiration, a delight with each read, thank you!

7. January 4, 2014

This is definitely one to share. You nailed it for me.

8. January 4, 2014

Great job brother! Like many have said here this is great post. Keep working for the kingdom, using those gifts God has entrusted you with. Personally, this was a great read at the right time. Thank you!

9. January 3, 2014

Inspirational….as always, love your work Evan.

10. Alexandra
    January 3, 2014

This is great. Thank you for posting.

11. January 3, 2014

Reblogged this on My New Life.

12. January 3, 2014

I am right now facing my fears and the unknown to get something of my work published. thank you.

13. January 3, 2014

This post is my first reblog onto a afewthingsi ….. reading this post summed up just how im feeling right now…..its time to let go of fears and muster up some courage. Happy New Year to you and thank you for the inspirational post.

14. January 3, 2014

Reblogged this on A few things I and commented:
    I begin every New Year the same way with a list of resolutions, some I achieve, some I dont, some I just forget all about until the next year and then re-add to my list but the thing I love about New Year Resolutions is the feeling you are given a fresh start, the 1st of January brings with it a feeling of hope, a feeling that you get a chance to start over, a feeling that ‘maybe’, just maybe this year you might achieve some of those goals that you never seem to get round to actioning.

I read this post today and it sums up how I feel right now so perfectly I couldnt have put it better myself so here you go people….here is a little inspiration which I hope you will also take some inspiration from for 2014.

Wishing you the most wonderful year, full of….{insert whatever applies} Xx

• January 8, 2014

Awesome. Just remember that Jan 1 is just another day. Yes it gives you a fresh start, but Jan 2, 3, 4, are just another fresh start as well. You can always turn things around. Don’t wait for it to be perfect. Just do it baby!

Love for you to like me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/BetterManProject

15. January 3, 2014

You continue to inspire me. Let the “true self” come forth!

16. January 3, 2014

L’ha ribloggato su speedupyoursuccess.nete ha commentato:
    You absolutely must read this post. Then you have to strenght your courage and take action to make your dream come true overcoming your biggest fears and worries.
    When you really want something and you are committed to achieve it nothing can stop you.

17. Rob
    January 2, 2014

Reblogged this on Living Life Positively and commented:
    Evan has a great way with words and pictures. He sums up so much of what I feel, and says so much of what I want to say. I am going to read this piece a few times to get the most out of it, and then think about how I can apply it to myself.

18. January 2, 2014

Reblogged this on Pink Pig Media: Mick Howland and commented:
    Like minded fellow with a message of inspiration

19. January 2, 2014

[…] You Have To Want It, More Than You Are Afraid Of It. […]

20. January 2, 2014

amazing!

21. January 2, 2014

I love this title. It applies to so much!

22. January 2, 2014

Excellent post, you wrote it so well. Just nailed it. Thanks for the inspiring message, it’s exactly what I needed. Happy new year :)

23. January 2, 2014

Thanks Evan..awesome post… I like that “Courage is that insane 20 secs, where we are deathly scared”, and yes..one who lives through that 20 secs changes his destiny..forever

24. January 2, 2014

Encouraging. You bring the light of the Lord to your posts. Much appreciated in this world of discouragement. Bless you for being courageous.

25. January 2, 2014

You’ve just written the perfect post to start the new year, Evan. Well done!

26. January 2, 2014

Reblogged this on A Life of Passions.

27. January 2, 2014

Reblogged this on Love and Light.

28. January 2, 2014

Reblogged this on A Charmed Yogi.

29. January 2, 2014

Love this post! Keep it up.

30. January 2, 2014

Thank you so much. It really helped me a lot. I’ll follow my own heart.

31. January 2, 2014

Reblogged this on positiviD.

32. January 2, 2014

Reblogged this on Words in rhythm and commented:
    Love the sentiment in this piece – ‘keep on keeping on’ – effort and belief will get you through. Live in a world of uncertainty and exist in your own beliefs, not those of other people.

33. January 2, 2014

Reblogged this on Forks and Footprints and commented:
    I’ve never rebooted someone else’s post but this hit so closely to home that I wanted to share and hopefully reach someone else going through something like I am. Fear is strong but courage can be stronger you just need to find it within yourself.

34. January 2, 2014

Reblogged this on love from tara and commented:
    have no fear!

35. January 2, 2014

Reblogged this on beckled.

36. January 2, 2014

I don’t know if WordPress has a ‘favorites’ option, but if it did/does, I’d bookmark this post for times when I’d feel the need to revive that passion to chase after my dreams. For now, it will sit in the ‘My Bookmarks’ of Google Chrome. An inspirational read, thank you for writing this! :)

37. January 2, 2014

Reblogged this on My Endless Rants & Ramblings and commented:
    This should be my New Year’s Resolution #1: I have to want it more than I am afraid of it.

38. January 2, 2014

A very inspirational post. This means a lot to me. Thank you for sharing these thoughts that encapsulate so well what I feel. Now to action.x