On the Beauty of Women

Before I start this, I want to make something clear. This post is not coming from a man who has had an easy time his whole life with women. In fact, I have had my heart broken more times than I care to admit. I have shed tears, been betrayed in the worst of ways and have been made to feel unimportant, almost to the point where I thought I didn’t exist. And even through all of this, I can still put my heart on the line for women because I believe in one fundamental reality.

Women are beautiful.

Last night, one of my best friends sent me an article and asked for my thoughts. So I opened it up and read the first line. “I’m just gonna come out and say it: I love insecure women.” I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and continued reading on for the next 10 minutes. After I finished, I shut my computer screen  and sat there with my hands over my ears and closed my eyes. In those moments I sat there thinking, I took a brief trip to my past to attempt to give this man who had written one of the most hate filled articles I have ever read the benefit of the doubt, and to try to understand if there was any truth in his obvious anger.

Aristotle once said, “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” So I entertained his assertions for a few minutes and began to feel this emptiness inside of me. Everything was cold. And of course when you read hate, you feel that inside. His following conclusions are what made me feel sick to my stomach.

Most girls have done nothing to deserve self-esteem

Insecurity is integral to femininity

Women don’t want to have high self-esteem

When I was a very young boy, my grandfather sat me down, one of the handful of times we talked one on one, and said, “Evan, you make sure you treat the women in your life well. And if someone hurts your loved ones, you make sure they never do that again.” I can hear his words echoing in my ears right now. Maybe that is why I am writing this piece, not because a woman in my life was attacked. No, because I feel like every woman in the world was attacked by generalizations, unfair judgements, and shallow absolutes. So here I am, a young man who wears plenty of scars from the opposite sex, writing down what I truly  believe. And I will say it again.

Women are beautiful.

balloongirl

Some of the most meaningful, trustworthy, passionate, vulnerable, loving friendships and relationships I have had and still have are with women. In fact, I know for certain that if it wasn’t for a few select women in my life, I probably wouldn’t be around. My relationships with women have taught me how to dive into the emotional side of my heart, how to be gentle in a world that is incredibly rough, how to take care of another, and most of all how to deeply and passionately love others. These relationships have helped me grow into a man that I am proud of. It doesn’t matter if many have come and gone, or if the relationships ended poorly for one reason or another. The important thing is that I learned – from some of the best people I know or have ever known – how to be an authentic and caring human being.

Are there women in the world who are insecure and have self-esteem issues? Absolutely. Are there men who have the exact same issues? Of course. Because at the end of the day it doesn’t matter if you are male or female when you are looking in the mirror and the negative side of your mind is out of control telling you that you’re too fat, you’re not pretty enough, your eyes are too far apart, or that you don’t have glowing skin. Your gender doesn’t truly have a say when the negativity spreads throughout your life like a virus and you become filled with anxiety, depression, and fear. Every person on this planet battles with the same issues. Are there some issues that happen specifically to a woman more than a man and visa versa? Once again, absolutely. But every human being has felt insecure, worthless and pathetic. That is a part of life. These emotions are at the opposite end of the spectrum where happiness and joy spend their time. And to experience one you must experience the other. Life is incredibly balanced. It gives you a taste of feeling horrible about yourself so you can truly experience the warmth in your heart when you are living in the present and enjoying the path you are on.

Our greatest joy comes from deeply loving others, male or female, gay or straight, short or tall, fat or skinny. It’s about seeing someone as exactly who they are and who they aren’t, and learning to love an imperfect person perfectly. Light comes from being vulnerable with people, by trusting in the goodness of their hearts, and by giving yourself to your family, your friends, and to your significant other. Life is not a male vs. female issue. It is in fact a person to person collaboration. I think we have lost sight of that. We have lost sight of the fact that our material world is special because it is filled with unique individuals who all have the capacity to love one another deeply and to shine light in places of darkness.

I’m no fool, I know that there are people in the world that do terrible things to others and hurt people deeply. However, we can’t make generalizations about an entire gender or  anyone else for that matter because we happened to have certain events occur throughout our lifetime. Our life is not the life of others. If we continue to focus on what makes us different we will never be able to relate to each other. The exact same event will never happen in the exact same way to two people…ever. However, if we decide that it is more important to feel empathetic towards others and to connect with them on an emotional level, that is where the true magic happens. That is how relationships are built, walls are broken down, and love infectiously spreads into the deepest darkest cracks of this earth.

The choice is yours: to love or to hate. The most crucial question you can ask yourself is what type of world do you live in?

I choose love.

-Evan Sanders

If you liked this post, head over to Words Of Encouragement and dive into some love quotes for her. She will love you to death for that.

• faures
    October 17, 2013 at 12:17 pm

So glad you listened to your grandfather words.

• thoughtsaboutveganism
    October 17, 2013 at 12:17 pm

wow – nothing more to add – just wow

• Michael Genford
    October 17, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Great post.

• Ana
    October 17, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Beautiful, honest & heartfelt article. Very recently I have fallen foul to sweeping generalizations of “men are pigs” etc, etc just because I’ve been hurt by one man. I don’t like it in myself, and I also don’t believe a word when I say it. It is not a way forward out of hurt and feeling rejected and exposed, in fact those kind of hate filled generalisations are akin to jumping ten steps backwards and deeper into loneliness and pain. We all have a choice, as you say yourself. I guess I’ve forgotten to choose love.

Thanks for sharing!

• icanonlyspeculate
    October 17, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Wow. Thank you, Evan. That was very touching and well-written. I agree with it 100%. Don’t give up on love! I believe love shows us ourselves. When we love another person fully, we both have the opportunity to grow and heal.

• Brandi Roberts
    October 17, 2013 at 12:36 pm

LOVE this blog =) Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

• sdschwarz
    October 17, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Bravo! Loved it, shared it, hope thousands read it!

• faerieatthetable
    October 17, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Reblogged this on tothetable.

• Brady O'Callahan
    October 17, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Reblogged this on Challenge. Inspire. Motivate.

• Kate Spyder
    October 17, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Here! Here! or is that Hear! Hear! I concur completely with everything you said. i have chosen throughout my life to look at the individual instead of the group when terrible things happen and I still choose love. It isn’t always easy and sometimes I feel like screaming or curling up in a ball to hide. But life does go on even when we fervently wish it wouldn’t. When I read things like you just wrote it renews my hope. Thank you!

• Sara Ann
    October 17, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I posted below something that resonates with me and is so utterly beautiful. THIS, you have written, is one of the DIVINE purposes of women, to love. Essentially it is what we are all here to do. But women have been given such a powerful purpose, to create life. We are the embodiment’s of God/higher power/Buddha, etc. It is a womens love that lifts up men when they are weak, threatened or downtrodden in this hostile world where Men are made to feel like they can not express themselves through their hearts. It is a strong woman who loves those men who helps then evolve, grow, and flourish into the loving men they were created to be. Women need to start treating women better. Men need to start treating women better. We need to start treating ourselves better, the future of the world lies in the bodies of women. Our love can start wars, end wars, and change the world.
    Thank you so much for posting this. You are such a great man!~ I have loved reading your journey.
    Namaste
    Sara

thebettermanprojects
    Posted on October 17, 2013

Women are beautiful.
    balloongirl
    Some of the most meaningful, trustworthy, passionate, vulnerable, loving friendships and relationships I have had and still have are with women. In fact, I know for certain that if it wasn’t for a few select women in my life, I probably wouldn’t be around. My relationships with women have taught me how to dive into the emotional side of my heart, how to be gentle in a world that is incredibly rough, how to take care of another, and most of all how to deeply and passionately love others. These relationships have helped me grow into a man that I am proud of. It doesn’t matter if many have come and gone, if the relationship ended poorly for one reason or another. The important thing is that I learned from some of the best people I know or have ever known how to be authentic and caring human being.

• Tiffany Coffman
    October 17, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I can only posture that all beings come into the world inherihent with such a thing as self-esteem, until someone else tells them otherwise and attempts to destroy it. To suggest that one has to do something to deserve it pits an individual sometimes helplessly against their environment or even an entire world which continually works against them, and further suggests something was needed to be done in the first place, as if one was wrong ‘as is’. Both genders suffer, there is just not as much discussion about how men are affected. And for that man to even write such an article stating he loves insecure women suggests to me that he himself has low self-esteem issues because he will use those women as a distraction from his own flaws.

• Kameron
    October 17, 2013 at 12:57 pm

The mark of a Better Man 🙂

• nodimlight
    October 17, 2013 at 1:01 pm

I…. had a hard time reading this. If a man loves an insecure woman, he is a predator. There was a time in my past life when I thought I had to be submissive, vulnerable, and insecure. It had a lot to do with a lot of stuff. That’s not the point. Thank you for sharing your love. Hate only leads to destruction and pain. You don’t have to take somebody’s life to kill them.

NDL

• NeoLoveSoulChild
    October 17, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Wonderful read, and any woman should be grateful to have you!

• Tiny Hands
    October 17, 2013 at 1:04 pm

This is sensational — and it came to me just at the right time, too. Thank you for this marvelous post!

• jamielynnneal
    October 17, 2013 at 1:07 pm

You sound like an amazing man, I wish there were more of you in the world; I hope with all of my heart that there are. I’ve mostly known the men like the one who wrote the article you read, but I hope on.

• Kat
    October 17, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Wow…speechless at such a beautiful, heart felt article. Thank you 🙂 x

• Daring to Dream it
    October 17, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I have shared this. I loved your article. Thank you for writing it.

• Chocolate Covered Race Medals
    October 17, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I choose to love this.

• On the Beauty of Women | Daring to Dream......
    October 17, 2013 at 1:31 pm

[…] On the Beauty of Women. […]

• imnotyourfavoritepossession
    October 17, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Well said.

• marizlife
    October 17, 2013 at 3:05 pm

This was an amazing post! Thank you for writing this.

• onellg
    October 17, 2013 at 3:30 pm

For speaking on our behalf against some guy’s distorted perceptions, thank you! God bless your heart.

Women are beautiful – I don’t mind that kind of generalization.

• onellg
    October 17, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Reblogged this on Library Frenzy and commented:
    Women are beautiful.

I hope a man’s conviction to this generalization would make every woman stand in front of a mirror, bare and vulnerable, and say “I’m beautiful”. Mean it. And believe it – despite the notorious allegations of some “cyberbully”, if I may use that term.

• DaVida Nature Photography
    October 17, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Simply . . . Marvelous! Thank you Evan for a beautiful post.

• DaVida Nature Photography
    October 17, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Reblogged this on My Poetic Spirit and commented:
    A must read from Evan Sanders . . . !!!!

• Danielle Hewitt
    October 17, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Love this post!

And out of insatiable curiosity, I had to find the article you read that inspired this. I don’t even have words for that nonsense, but I think its awesome that all the hate-spew coming from that simple mind inspired the beauty you’ve shared here! 🙂

• tinabrenee
    October 17, 2013 at 5:19 pm

The fact that you even took the time and were willing to open yourself up to write this post in and of itself makes me feel beautiful as a woman. As for the author of that article, I would be very interested in knowing more about this fellow’s relationship with his mother – the first woman in his life. Is he harboring unresolved anger towards her because of lack of nurturing or even significant absence in his life on her part? On the other hand, perhaps she was over-indulgent ingraining in him a false sense of superiority. If you study Narcissism, a complex personality disorder, you will learn that it results from both over-indulgence as well as a lack of nurturing on the part of one’s caregiver and I would be willing to bet this person suffers similarly thereto. It is sad because counseling doesn’t help these persons – as they are hopelessly blinded to their own shortcomings and weaknesses, being the victim of either having been convinced by a parent from a very young age that they are infallible or, due to being treated as if they lacked importance, they desperately, from a very young age, work to nurture themselves in order to achieve that sense of importance that they so desperately lack and need. There is always the chance that his father was never taught, and therefore, was never able to teach him to appreciate the value and beauty of a woman. If that is the case, chances are that his father carefully selected a woman (his mother) who did not value herself in order that his maltreatment of her would be acceptable. He is a broken person who hopefully will never be in the honorable and coveted position of raising a son. Should he have a daughter, however, I would like to believe that his position would reverse. Nonetheless, thank you for affirming us, as we are complicated creatures but are a unique gift just the same!

• adegho27
    October 17, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Reblogged this on Becoming Bespoke and commented:
    Women, make the world go around.

• On the Beauty of Women « Slice Of Thought
    October 17, 2013 at 6:07 pm

[…] On the Beauty of Women. […]

• Polysyllabic Profundities
    October 17, 2013 at 6:17 pm

“learning to love an imperfect person perfectly”….what a fantastic line, and so true. Beautifully written!

• tywood12
    October 17, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Reblogged this on My New Life and commented:
    Day 281 This guy and I could be great friends. I love his message and this is exactly what I m trying to make other men understand!

• mercshe
    October 17, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Reblogged this on Across Subtlety and Silence.

• clara54
    October 17, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Thanks for following my blog. You are an authentic man. I would buy your book on relationships in a heartbeat:)

Blessings,
    Clara.

• esorenneiluj25
    October 17, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Reblogged this on In Princess' Heart and commented:
    A great post! and coming from a man. 🙂

• Joy
    October 17, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Awesome post Evan – thank you for sharing it. I hope your friend reads it and takes your words to heart as you did your grandfather’s

• sweetpurerity
    October 17, 2013 at 9:22 pm

You have a great heart:)

• stormy1812
    October 17, 2013 at 9:35 pm

I have read many of your posts and I love every one of them but this one is just so special. You speak right to the heart of the matter and I love that you don’t ignore certain facts of life – you embrace it. Life isn’t fair and sh** happens but it’s how you cope that is the difference. I so completely agree with your message of love and how it doesn’t matter what the facade is, it’s about the person at the core. You have such a wonderful perspective on the world and I have total respect for that! You’re such a young person who is clearly mature beyond your years and that’s amazing. It’s so easy to become jaded after many broken hearts but to resist and continue in a life of love shows ultimate strength, sacrifice, self-discipline and of course, love. I always thought myself a decent human being but I am learning I can do more; I can be better and you and your blog are an inspiration for that. I think I’ve changed some because the world has changed me but I need to reverse that – stick to my guns and instead work to change the world as Gandhi once said – “We must be the change we wish to see in the world.” He’s absolutely correct. 🙂

• Alaina Maeve
    October 17, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Thank you.

For your care, empathy, and understanding, thank you.
    My heart is grateful for your kindness.

We thank you.

• rayagatanajjar
    October 17, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Wow…how inspiring this was to read.

• sweeva
    October 17, 2013 at 11:52 pm

I am glad to have read this today morning we are all unique in each and every single way infact in our own ways but that is just the beauty of life and those who fail to see it miss out . Thank you Evan … keep writing ….

• jsngill
    October 18, 2013 at 1:16 am

Reblogged this on jsngill and commented:
    Worth reading!
    I loved this: “Our greatest joy comes from deeply loving others … It’s about seeing someone as exactly who they are and who they aren’t, and learning to love an imperfect person perfectly.”

• jsngill
    October 18, 2013 at 1:16 am

reblogged.. 🙂

• Audrina
    October 18, 2013 at 1:36 am

Wow. I wasn’t expecting this .This article just left me with a smile this morning. Thank you for following my blog,so that I could in turn discover your blog. Love it!

• Nanny Cool
    October 18, 2013 at 3:04 am

Great post x

• Monicle
    October 18, 2013 at 5:52 am

Gosh. I can hardly believe this is coming from a young man. I guess there is hope for our society.
    Choosing Love has become a big issue for me. I was married to someone who chooses to hate. He removed everyone from his life that has tried to love him but remains with a neighbour he hates. His hatred almost killed me.
    Love makes someone vulnerable which feels like weakness and loss of control but hate give you energy. It can make you strong. You can be in control by bullying. That feels powerful.
    But I still choose to love him (from afar). He was raised in the 50’s in America. He had to be a ‘little man’….. at 5 years old. He was taught to be exactly what he is.
    I hope more men can learn what you have learned…. it’s good for us all.

• dinadelune
    October 18, 2013 at 6:02 am

Hat dies auf Compassion and Kindness are free! rebloggt und kommentierte:
    Great article!!!

• IN LOVE, WHEN TRUST IS LOST, ALL IS LOST | Love Dynamix
    October 18, 2013 at 6:48 am

[…] On the Beauty of Women […]

• Inside the Mind of Isadora
    October 18, 2013 at 6:59 am

An incredibly well written post that everyone should read … male or female.
    These 2 lines are an on-target fact. – Are there women in the world who are insecure and have self-esteem issues? Absolutely. Are there men who have the exact same issues? Of course.- we all need to be open to everyone no matter how different they are.
    When I was being raised my Dad would say that if a man treats his mother with love and kindness he is a good man. Nicely done ….

• Amalia
    October 18, 2013 at 8:05 am

Reblogged this on AmaliaVida and commented:
    I was greatly encouraged by this article and hope you are too. A big thank you to Evan for authoring and sharing this loving piece.

• MARSHA STRACENER
    October 18, 2013 at 9:15 am

Evan-
    I love your heart on this matter and how you are striving to see people as they are made to be seen. There is a familiar verse about love that i love ;)….It talks about love being kind and patient and not envious or boastful or proud or rude, but the part I think I love best is: Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Your blog on women being beautiful brought that verse to mind. 🙂 I’d like to also thank you for being a wonderful friend to an important woman in my life and for being there for her when I couldn’t be. You have no idea how thankful i am for that. Look forward to ‘huggin’ yer neck’ (as they say in the South) someday!! Blessings——Marsha (‘Watson’s’ mom 🙂 )

• Barbara Blackcinder
    October 18, 2013 at 9:18 am

I loved the quote by Aristotle. I either never saw it, or it didn’t resonate with me. The second thought you rose in me, was about accepting people beneath their cloaks, such as religion. I must stop to consider what that person would be like if he/she were not Muslim, Christian, or male/female. Being an Atheist, I hope that someday that there won’t be any religious distinctions/biases. It’ll be a start anyway. Thanks.

• emmjaepenniman
    October 18, 2013 at 9:18 am

so much truth here…:-)

• Manish Singh
    October 18, 2013 at 9:36 am

Reblogged this on Highwinds.

• KMD
    October 18, 2013 at 11:14 am

Great post Evan. I want to address the hateful blog you read about insecure women. Being a woman who has high self-esteem I do think that self-confidence is often perceived as a masculine quality. People will often credit my self confidence to being raised with 3 brothers (aka i was raised like a boy and boys are confident). I do think, however, that i see more women with self-confidence issues than men. This is probably attributed to the media and the way we are conditioned to be ultra aware of our flaws as women, but still I do think insecurity is more rampant in women. That being said, posts like this, and men who think like you do, give me hope that all of the insecure girls will read this and take it to heart. Sometimes it takes someone (of the opposite sex maybe) to make you confident. anyways, keep it up!

• thebettermanprojects
      January 13, 2014 at 3:42 pm

They were awful comments weren’t they?! I mean hell why would anyone write sick stuff like that. But yes your comment is incredible and I love your words. Thank you so much for stopping by.

Love for you to like me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/BetterManProject

• cissykh
    October 18, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Reblogged this on sofianruler and commented:
    Beautiful, I love it.

• rumadak
    October 19, 2013 at 3:40 am

such a great post! Appreciate it and yeah it’s true some of the best friendships are between a man and a woman, be it in any form.
    Thanks for writing about this!

• davidrfrick
    October 19, 2013 at 5:43 am

Thanks for sharing this. And for your reasons for sharing this.

• Nora O'Mahoney
    October 19, 2013 at 2:12 pm

I loved seeing a Banksy on my feed. And, this article was really sweet. Keep up the good work (and Banksy is in New York this month, are you following all the cool stuff he is doing?)-Have a great weekend, great post!

• Pink Ninjabi
    October 20, 2013 at 10:27 am

Awesome and timely post as I am ironically completing self esteem workshops, thank you

• Angie Del Riego
    October 20, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Thank you Evan! Luci and Angie, from Extremadura, Spain appreciate your post and would like to say that we also choose love.

• lulucitaes
    October 20, 2013 at 10:57 pm

lovely 🙂 your post came in just when I needed to reach out for the sun… the day before your post i would probably have written about how much i hate men 😛 but the truth is MEN ARE BEAUTIFUL, I LOVE MEN hahaha is just we keep, continiously loosing sight, our world falls apart everytime someone hurts us and we aren’t able to see how much have we learned and being able to treasure that instead. I love your words: “life is incredibly balance” 🙂 – yes it is

• LIFE IS INCREDIBLY BALANCED | lulucitaes
    October 20, 2013 at 11:02 pm

[…] warmth in your heart when you are living in the present and enjoying the path you are on.” ON THE BEAUTY OF WOMEN by THE BETTER MAN […]

• ira cobain
    October 21, 2013 at 5:13 am

wonderful post!

• Writing to Freedom
    October 21, 2013 at 8:01 am

Great post Evan, I think you’ve touched a strong cord with many folks. I’ll take this one step beyond Women or Men are beautiful. People are beautiful and it’s often the one’s covered up in low esteem, pain and anger that need out love.

As you mentioned, I too choose love, not always easy, but always the best choice. Many of us struggle with self-esteem, myself included. It’s hard to reach out through the pains and insecurity, but please, let’s keep reaching for love like in your thoughtful post! Thanks. Brad

• jillbobby
    October 21, 2013 at 8:19 am

Such a beautiful post, Evan.
    I posted the link on my Facebook and one of my best friends texted me, saying thank you for posting it. I thought it would only be fair if you are the one to be thanked for: because you said things every woman in this world should know.
    Thank you, Evan.
    God bless you.

• Airic Langlois
    October 22, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Reblogged this on You Thought You Knew.

• Mo
    October 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

I think this was a really sweet post Evan! My blog is about hirsutism, a condition that makes women grow abnormal amounts of facial and body hair. I hear, from time to time, women talk about how much they hate themselves and how ugly they think they are because of their health. I think when you are surrounded by “flawless” beauty in the media, you condition yourself to feel inferior if you don’t look the same.It often alters their logic to the point that they are obsessing about it, making bad choices in general…spending money to “fix” something on themselves that is not really wrong…spending time with partners that tell them what they want to hear long enough to take take advantage of them as opposed to finding someone who loves them unconditionally. If It’s not a hair thing, it’s a weight thing, or a clothing thing, or a hair is not long/short enough thing! As a woman, I cannot help but to feel guilty of spending way too much obsessing over ultimately, nothing in my past too.

It’s very refreshing to hear these words come from a guy, in such a classy, thoughful and selfless manner. Thank you!

• Atidecrem
    October 31, 2013 at 6:32 pm

I have to smile as I write this comment as Katy Perry’s song, “Unconditionally,” is playing in the background. This was beautifully expressed, Mr. Evans.

• Fat Bottom Girl
    November 1, 2013 at 6:38 am

How absolutely beautiful and poetic! Today, you have helped me feel grateful for being a woman! By the way, your grandfather was one smart cookie, and so are you to take his advice. Thanks so much for this Evan!!

• The Solo Chronicles
    November 5, 2013 at 2:23 pm

On behalf of all women, Thank you for this.

“There is something incredibly fierce in the heart of a woman that is to be contended with, not dismissed, not disdained, but recognized, honored, welcomed and trained.” -John Eldridge

• medicinechef
    November 11, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Really enjoyed reading your blog! Yay…very well written and heartfelt! When we come down to it, all we are left with in our life, is our capacity to Love…Great job!

• jalal michael sabbagh.http://gravatar.com/jmsabbagh86@gmail.com
    November 12, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Simply stunning post.Thank you for following my blog.l will follow your interesting blog and look forward to read your recent posts.Warm regards.jalal

• runstudysucceed
    November 19, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Your posts are always so well written and beautiful, but this one in particular hit home. I really like the insightfulness and the positive outlook. Both sexes need to improve not only his/her outlook on themselves, but also on the opposite. Great Job!

• thoughtfullywritten
    November 20, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Reblogged this on Thoughtfully Written and commented:
    Beautiful thoughts, thank you.

• gita4elamats
    November 20, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Reblogged this on ELANA – The Voice of the Future and commented:
    Beautiful post, thanks!

• lvsrao
    November 21, 2013 at 8:39 am

Excellent article/post. Heartfelt one. Wisdom prevailed.

• momfawn
    November 21, 2013 at 9:21 am

Beautifully said!

• thekindnessblog
    November 22, 2013 at 7:38 am

This is truly beautiful ♥ ❤

• katiegatto
    January 15, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Do you mind if I post a link to this on my personal Facebook account? I know a lot of people who could use to read it.

• Widdershins
    January 15, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Hiya BetterMan 😀 … Nicely said! … how did you respond to your friend’s request for feedback? Apart from this wonderful post that is.

• M. R.
    January 25, 2014 at 3:50 pm

You seem to be delivering the Jesus line – but it’s fine. No religiosity there.
    It’s all good.
    I find the Buddha quote mesmerising …

• Upworthy Just Hired A Viking? 49 Reasons Why | The Better Man Project
    January 29, 2014 at 2:25 pm

[…] On The Beauty Of Women […]

• tenaciousM
    January 30, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Where do I begin. I have the pleasure of knowing and supporting some of the most amazing women in the world. But they too have doubts as we all do. As I remind them, confidence takes practice or we veer off course to negative thoughts. With your permission, I’d like to reblog at Egos & Buffaloes as well as post to my facebook. And thank you for this post!

• thebettermanprojects
      January 30, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Of course! Absolutely go for it! I would love that 🙂 Please contact me if you have any questions. Hope all is well with you

• tenaciousM
        January 31, 2014 at 7:37 am

You are quickly becoming a favorite. Love your positivity and courage. Keep doing your thing, and thanks for following my blog. I’m relatively new at it but find it quite cathartic. – Marcia

• scritorre91
    January 30, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Wow, this was beautiful. Made me feel so warm inside. The world needs more perspectives like yours. I loved the quote from Aristotle… “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” Can I link this to my personal Facebook? I’d love to share this with my community of friends.

• daffodillia
    February 1, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Ok, I liked you on facebook and look forward to your updates.

As to this article I wanted more! When you were writing it you probably thought, as I do often enough, that you had to get to a point and end it or it would be too long but in all honesty, you hit so many truths for so many people here and articulate the subject so well that we could have gone on reading a good bit longer.

I identify with you, I have a female brain, what can I say? I have a very forgiving heart too that allows me to see past the short term hurt and see the bigger picture of women in my life.

Men do seem to have a negative view of women, this may be archetypal, but it means they have a blinkered view on how to get the best out of any relationship with a woman.

Women are indeed beautiful!

• pstpierre
    February 6, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Evan,

It takes a very strong man to write a blog just as this.Congratulations on doing it. Also, your grandfather gave you very good advice about women. He must have been in a happy relationship.

Thank you for following my blog.

• lopu123
    February 6, 2014 at 8:20 pm

A mind blowing post! Want to give you a huge thumbs up for coming up with this! 🙂

• theloveculture
    February 14, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Reblogged this on theloveculture.

• thebettermanprojects
    June 4, 2015 at 9:00 am

Reblogged this on The Better Man Project ™ and commented:

Because women are beautiful…

• justineejarvie
    June 4, 2015 at 9:05 am

Reblogged this on Just a Little Life and commented:
    I love reading this blog every day, but this particular post struck me. Please, enjoy, and hopefully find a way to make your world a little kinder, more understanding place.

• justineejarvie
    June 4, 2015 at 9:08 am

Oh wow. Just…Wow.

I am in more and more awe of you every time you post something new.

• candidkay
    June 4, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Wow. I don’t consider myself naive but when I read even just a bit of the hate that was spewed in that article, I am amazed. I try so hard to keep that out of my life–and yet, how do people that far gone ever see the light?

• eishamonikh
    June 4, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Reblogged this on eisha monikh and commented:
    A wonderful read. Thank you.

• kphoenix1
    June 5, 2015 at 6:42 am

Reblogged this on K. Phoenix and commented:
    A must read!

• cbecker53
    June 5, 2015 at 10:31 am

What a wonderful post! And aren’t we all insecure sometimes? I know I am, more than most. But no, I don’t believe insecurity is integral to femininity. Everyone deserves to be loved, and to feel good about themselves. I wish I had known your grandfather!

• Ready to start your own journey of personal discovery + growth + happiness?! Want my book "Two Wolves" for FREE? Join over 4,000 others, get access to my book, motivational emails and great resources designed to help you create your best life!