Beautiful Opportunity

30a405f0775f0d40d751de7eb5cd669b

When I first started writing, everything in me was focused on trying to “understand” everything. I was trying to understand how come others weren’t playing by the same rules as I was, why certain things seemed to happen over and over again, and why I felt like life was a series of one step forward two steps backward scenarios. In short, I was writing blind. I found that quote above today diving into Pinterest and it couldn’t have hit closer to home.

I never knew myself because I never heard my voice. I was always lost because I had no personal direction. So I left. I went searching and left everyone behind. Where did I go? Within.

As the days go by, I start to realize that life is a series of events that can either turn into memories or opportunities. Throughout the day, there will be things that come up that you can either seize or watch them fade for one reason or another. It could be as simple as a woman smiling at you from across the bar to a big opportunity at work. Nonetheless, the opportunities are there if your eyes are open. But I think that’s the hardest part. How do you know when the opportunities are there? That’s where the quote above comes into play. You will begin to hear your voice over time and there will be a whisper that says, “Go for it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.” You find your best in these moments. You find that little “umphh” that you have always known was there but could never call on it when you truly wanted to.

Really give it everything you’ve got. The seconds, hours, minutes, days go by whether you like them to or not. You have a choice. A pretty big choice. That choice is to put all the love and passion you can into the world or to play a mediocre game. It has taken me up until today to realize that the lessons I have learned throughout this project (Love. Passion. Never Quit) were meant to be molded into the concept of Carpe Diem. Seize the day. I learned those lessons so when opportunity comes my way, I can stay true to myself and do things with some soul-on-fire vigor. With that, I can’t go wrong.

Emily
    September 15, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: “You had not yet sought yourselves, then you found me. All believers do this; that’s why all faith amounts to so little. Now I bid you lose me and find yourselves; and only when you have all denied me will I return to you.” – Nietzsche. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Luck is truly when preparation meets opportunity. Definitely sharing this ๐Ÿ™‚

thebettermanprojects
      September 15, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Pretty awesome quote you left! I love Nietzsche even though that name is so hard to type out haha. Hope all is well for you.

E>

Emily
        September 16, 2013 at 12:39 am

I still google it to make sure…lol. Btw your about me video = what I needed to hear today ๐Ÿ˜€

~Felicia~
    September 15, 2013 at 9:51 pm

~~~Felicia

thebettermanprojects
      September 15, 2013 at 9:56 pm

That’s awesome. Thank you for sending some love my way. It is not easy but it is so worth it.

~Felicia~
    September 15, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Reblogged this on My Voyage Through Time and commented:
    The Better Man Project is worth the follow. This man’s writing will awaken your soul. I posted this comment to Evan Sanders tonight….

“You are always so awesome Evan. Becoming a better man is not easy. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Keep the light on within. I too have recently discovered myself.
    ~~~Felicia”

BJ Avilla
    September 15, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I definitely agree with you! Thanks for posting.

thefitzgeraldtimes
    September 15, 2013 at 10:20 pm

PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Infinity Box | Finding Ourselves & Embracing Opportunities
    September 15, 2013 at 10:22 pm

[…] – Evan Sandersย  (Read the original post here) […]

Kate Spyder
    September 15, 2013 at 10:34 pm

The most important words I ever heard were ‘be true to yourself’. I understand Rumi’s words all too clearly for I too often allowed myself to be told and called in everyone’s direction except my own. If you don’t know your ‘true self’ then all those opportunities are only messages directing you to find your ‘true self’. I too left everyone behind including myself in order to find myself. There is nothing more enlightening than to know your ‘true self’ to then understand what you really need and the opportunities then become the fabric you weave.

monalisajoshi105
    September 15, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Beautiful quote of Rumi…its going absolutely sync with what you have written…and so TRUE things done from the core are never wrong ๐Ÿ™‚

elaintoxicated
    September 15, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Reblogged this on ela intoxicated! and commented:
    Carpe Diem is scarey!

taylorjoy3
    September 16, 2013 at 12:19 am

You are such a phenomenal writer. You have such a compelling and engaging voice. You definitely have a gift and I’m glad you’re sharing it. I especially liked “I start to realize that life is a series of events that can either turn into memories or opportunities”. What insight!

carmenw503
    September 16, 2013 at 2:19 am

Reblogged this on Quotes & Things to Inspire You.

Matt Chase, Author
    September 16, 2013 at 3:15 am

Fantastic quote bless you for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

(509) – Beautiful Opportunity | Unconsciousmess
    September 16, 2013 at 6:33 am

[…] (509) – Beautiful Opportunity. […]

Chocolate Covered Race Medals
    September 16, 2013 at 8:37 am

Couldn’t Agree More, Sir ๐Ÿ™‚

pdinspire
    September 16, 2013 at 9:17 am

Great quote, great post. Inspiring!

lyricaldreamer827
    September 16, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Reblogged this on For the Love of Dr3ams and commented:
    I love this.

minerva
    September 17, 2013 at 8:25 am

Wonderful!

greatpoetrymhf
    September 17, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Reblogged this on Greatpoetrymhf's Weblog.

The C-Sweet
    September 18, 2013 at 12:33 am

Beautifully said, I love it!!

Shakti Ghosal
    September 18, 2013 at 3:01 am

Loved the post.

Yes it is inspiring, is it not, to “seize the moment.” The trouble is we can never be sure which is the moment we need to seize.

You say, ” We need to listen to our heart and do its bidding.” The trouble is there is so much of thoughts, fears and concerns circling inside that they usually drown and overpower what the heart tells us. We rationalise as we measure the emotional messages from the heart and who do you think wins the day?

Shakti

dmdeluca17
    September 18, 2013 at 9:37 am

Thank you for this.

2cupsofjoe
    September 18, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Yes, life does seem to flow on by, like a breeze after moments of self-reflection.

intrepidjane
    September 20, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Insight, self-knowledge and passion ~a fierce combination!

rcyl1268
    October 4, 2013 at 11:40 am

Reblogged this on rcyl1268.

dramonovich
    July 25, 2015 at 2:52 am

Thank you. Your work answers and mirrors the frustrations of ideas that surface in the mind. Remembering the English teacher who stated that a notepad and pen by the bed is useful when phrases or prose formulates in the mind.

We have better.

The hand held PC aka cellular phone shatters the old pen and paper convention.
    Still, the collage of words pressed in to a workable format, then holding the thought to clear screen lock or just sitting up and poof. Arrgh.

Enjoyed your work.