A New Home

I finally made it. All moved in to my place in downtown LA. An opportunity to start fresh and create whatever I want to. It’s an incredible feeling really…walking the streets and not knowing anyone. But as I have said before, from nothing…you can create everything. And that is why I am so excited about this opportunity. We can get stuck in our habits and daily routines…but when you remove yourself from the normal, good lord do those things go right out the window. Might be a solid argument for the effects of nature on our mind? I think so.

5119c7f8be16d506e05e3408d6cf65cc

So what am I up to? Well, besides running the online presence for a new technology startup which I will announce soon (you will like it…just think Yelp + LinkedIn for complex products) and helping my roommate, an up and coming rapper with his social media game…I am here to create something big. To take everything I have been doing and 5 up it. Needless to say, I am on a mission. It is time to explore not only the area I am in, but what I am actually capable of. I feel like I have built myself a solid foundation…so lets start painting the walls with brilliant color.

48df727badd6790715f2e7809a5be8b3

This road we travel is a long one, but around each bend…incline and decline, we find new things about our heart that we never knew existed before. If we allow it, we can let life’s energy bloom within us and help us transcend into something that we couldn’t have dreamed up. So soak in it. The challenges and the victories. Open yourself to opportunity. Hell, that is why I am even here in the first place. Because I kept myself open and lightning struck. If that isn’t my life’s motto then I don’t know what is.

“Stay open, who knows? Lightning could strike.” – Meet Joe Black

Remember…know what you stand for…stand for what you stand for…and aim to make everyone around you the best as well as yourself. I think that’s a formula I can live by.

My book will rock your socks off and ignite your soul http://amzn.to/18lRIci

Join me on Twitter http://bit.ly/Z0zCq9 and FB http://on.fb.me/RC57QW)

• charoussel
    September 9, 2013 at 11:04 am

Reblogged this on The nut cracker sweets.

• In Her Words Avenue
    September 9, 2013 at 11:27 am

Good Luck! and you are very brave, I have been debating in doing the same thing! 🙂

• atkokosplace
    September 9, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Best wishes to you! You will love sunny California! I know I do!

• edelweiss
    September 9, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Congratulations and good luck on everything!!! Welcome to SoCal my now fellow Californian!! Thanks for always inspiring us! 🙂

• edelweiss
    September 9, 2013 at 12:31 pm

You will love California! I did the same thing 13 years ago and it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life! 🙂

• michellestodden
    September 9, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Best wishes, Evan!

“We can get stuck in our habits and daily routines…but when you remove yourself from the normal, good lord do those things go right out the window.” I completely agree, and am saving to make a move and embrace the new for myself and for my daughter.

• thebettermanprojects
      September 12, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Love it when people show me the specific lines they loved. Awesome! Thank you for the great comment.

• Sajeevs blog
    September 9, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I like your optimism and attitude!! Go ahead and conquer the world!! All the best!

• curlyadventurer
    September 9, 2013 at 9:57 pm

That sounds awesome man. I am really proud of you, I remember tuning in on your journey via the blogosphere last year. It has been one of many wonders. I love that photo with LA and your fingers. The Lighting strike quote is true, there is a specific story in my recent life, that relates fully to that. September is a good time of transition. I am in the process of changing my cities to, Portland to Denver. I heard L.A. is a good place to live despite the naysayers…I will send it to you if i find it.

• thebettermanprojects
      September 12, 2013 at 10:30 pm

That’s awesome my man! Thank you for being a consistent visitor to the blog and always leaving great comments. You are going to love Colorado. I have heard so many great things about that place. And the lightning will strike quote is spot on. Always.

• Irunsolo
    September 10, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Best quote I’ve seen in awhile: “…from nothing, you can create everything.” Love it! Thanks for being inspiring to so many!

• guidedmissile
    October 3, 2013 at 10:48 pm

wonderful.

• "raw. electric. a daily shock to the soul."

Sign up for free to receive straight fire and motivation into your inbox daily!