Let's Walk

It’s easy to get a little bit lost these days. You can have all the desire, will, and enthusiasm in the world, but if you lack a clear direct end goal and vision then all of your efforts will resemble an uncontrolled lightning storm. Now, more than ever I need to paint that picture for myself. That feeling of floating goes against every strain in my body that is searching for a magnetic direction to follow. Let’s give it that direction.

fb40934effbe5e1ae7d519fb13ce1c60

Create a new era for yourself. Embark on a journey that you could never really be “ready” for. These paths we walk down when we take our first steps are always treacherous, challenging, but in the end, life changing. The challenging part of most of the path is not finding the courage to take steps forward, but instead fighting the urge to run backwards. Back to safety. Back to “home.” But the thing is, when you know you have to leave because something greater is calling you, there is no “home” anymore. That place will never be the same if you go back because you will always have the guilt of leaving for something you were meant to leave for but you returned without the story.

If it causes your blood to start racing then you should probably do it. And for me, I have this path right in front of me that I have thought about going fully down hundreds and hundreds of times but never got past the first dragon. But it has also become very clear to me that there is no other way but to go down this path. So I am. Today. 10:45 am. And not coming back until I have a story to  tell.

• conditionedexistence
    August 3, 2013 at 10:58 am

It’s scary but you have to keep in mind, nothing lasts forever anyway. Your “home” here on Earth is just as temporary as anything else. One day at a time – keep your eye on the prize and the Universe will continue to lay the path for you : ) Congratulations on taking the leap.

• thebettermanprojects
      September 3, 2013 at 12:29 pm

“Keep your eye on the prize and the universe will continue to lay the path for you.” perfect. I really like that.

Love for you to connect with me on Facebook http://on.fb.me/15CUI2x

• Lisa
    August 3, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I swear, every day you write is the day these things will speak loudest to me. Thank you for the brilliant post and best of luck on your journey. 🙂

• thebettermanprojects
      September 3, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Thank you! I am so glad my writing speaks to you!

• DaVida Nature Photography
    August 3, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Reblogged this on Unemployed High Jinks and commented:
    One of my favorite blogs . . . love it: “And( I’m ) not coming back until I have a story to tell.” Here’s to getting past the first dragon!

• thebettermanprojects
      September 3, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Thank you for the reblog! And I just wanted to say thank you for reading all my work. I appreciate the support greatly.

• Let’s Walk And Be Successful Together! « wesstubblefield1
    August 3, 2013 at 2:56 pm

[…] Day (487) – Let’s Walk. It’s not everyday that everyone can say that they are successful in life. If you take a good hard look at those that are, the posted saying sums it all up very well. Please, do yourself a favor and surround yourself with like minded people. This is my desire for you in your life. […]

• joseph elon lillie
    August 3, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Looking forward to the story of how you slated the Dragon.

• Rita Poynor
    August 4, 2013 at 7:09 am

As children of God we all have the seeds of a dream that is our destiny. A destiny that will only be fulfilled when you walk along your path, not another’s.

• tameramb
    August 4, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Hi! I just nominated you for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Check it out here:
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

• Kimber Bish
    August 10, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Reblogged this on The Bishnis.

• AdonaiShekhinah
    August 11, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Good Journey…and may you have stories to tell by the fires after the hunt

• moniquelarue
    August 12, 2013 at 9:14 am

Reblogged this on .

"raw. electric. a daily shock to the soul."

Join hundreds of thousands of dreamers. Sign up for free to receive straight fire and motivation into your inbox daily!