It's Never Too Late

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbZm0AI52Po&w=560&h=315]

It was yesterday in the bottom of a squat with 350lbs on my back that I was reminded of this lesson.

dd4c2d0d657f3972a19fe4eeff88d122

It’s never too late

to be who you might have been

You’ve failed hundreds of times

to accomplish this dream

But because you failed forward

you have made progress

Just remember

even a broken clock is right twice a day

There will be pain

There will be joy

and yet both of them will pass

Motivation will come

both externally

and internally

But you must have something greater to keep going

A belief

A beat as in tune with the song that plays within your chest

That rhythm must never fade

It must never skip a beat

For there are too many things in this life that can take your focus or attention

But the thump must always be heard and answered to

Every day

for the rest of your life

Because when you die

all of your dreams die with you

and you will forever hold the regret or joy of failing or accomplishing them

So struggle through

Nothing worth it is easy unfortunately

That’s just how it all pans out

Cry through it

Yell through it

Crumble and rise

But you must always go through it

• JoDee Rae Palin
    July 29, 2013 at 8:49 am

I needed those words – you’ll never know how much. Thank you.

• thebettermanprojects
      September 3, 2013 at 12:48 pm

That is one of my favorite comments I see from people…that they needed it. Makes me so happy 🙂

Love for you to connect with me on Facebook http://on.fb.me/15CUI2x

• Carpenter's Quill
    July 29, 2013 at 9:13 am

Fantastic encouragement! Fire refines the gold…

• Olga Polomoshnova
    July 29, 2013 at 11:41 am

Very inspirational and motivating!

• anshulstefandre
    July 29, 2013 at 11:45 am

superb..man

• GetWithTheProgramPpl
    July 29, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Amazing!

• thebettermanprojects
      September 3, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Thanks! What did you like so much?!

Love for you to connect with me on Facebook http://on.fb.me/15CUI2x

• GetWithTheProgramPpl
        September 3, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Well the fact I can relate to it so well. It’s very close to home for me. Plus all your posts are beautiful and inspirational. You write like someone who has wisdom and great depth. The way the colours quench our mind’s thirst for beauty, simplicity and profoundness. The words are simple but so powerful. Very real.:-)

It is true…it is never too late. I’m 32 and finally my life is starting. I used to hate my face as a teenager. Remember breaking down and asking God why He didn’t make me like all the models with high cheekbones and endless long legs.. Now I cannot be more grateful for my baby face. God has amazing plans that us mere mortals sometimes forget. And we will always do things when it is the appointed time. God bless..:-)

• Julie Losch
    July 29, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Beautiful …I LOVE the part about a clock being right two times a day (I have never heard that expression before, if it is one, if it isn’t it probably will be) anyway, very insightful!

• The Lacasse Family
    July 29, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Great words of wisdom! Love the music selection as well 🙂 Be Better than ever!

• asklotta
    July 30, 2013 at 3:28 am

Reblogged this on asklotta and commented:
    I believe life is messy and the truly great stuff NEVER comes easily, delivered with a beautiful bow on top! AND “It’s Never Too Late.” …Even if it’s just to say your sorry!

• asklotta
    July 30, 2013 at 3:30 am

Great Post filled with wonderful reminders and inspiration!…I reblogged it this morning! Thanks!

• mrsdarlings
    August 16, 2013 at 9:47 am

no one could have said it better! Inspired, Beautiful and perfect! Good job!

• mrsdarlings
    August 16, 2013 at 9:49 am

awesome picture! The first words that came to mind were it’s modern retro!

• mrsdarlings
    August 24, 2013 at 3:18 am

I would really like to just re-post the poem and the picture without the video. I’m not sure how to do that? is it even possible?

From:

• thebettermanprojects
      September 3, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Well I am incredibly glad you liked it! I dont think it is possible to reblog it without the video haha 🙂

Love for you to connect with me on Facebook http://on.fb.me/15CUI2x

• mrsdarlings
        September 6, 2013 at 2:33 am

Okay! I hope it’s okay that I c and p’d it! Not sure if thats a no no in the blog world even if it’s for edification purposes. I gave it it’s own post on my blog with your name in the title. I did this before your reply. thanks for the link!!!!

• mrsdarlings
    August 24, 2013 at 3:23 am

oh and that doesn’t mean i don’t like the song! love it.

• "raw. electric. a daily shock to the soul."

Sign up for free to receive straight fire and motivation into your inbox daily!