Day (474) – When Words Get Taken

IMG_2709

The past few days have been the best days of my life. You might think it was because of a fantastic birthday on the 3rd or the amazing fireworks on the 4th…but in truth both of those events will never ever be able to match up to the magnitude of what has truly lit a fire inside me. And that’s what I want to talk about tonight – about that moment when your purpose in life ends up changing the life of another person…and you really get to hear about it.

The biggest compliment I can give someone is to tell them that they have truly stripped from the words from me and all I can really say is thank you. As a writer on life and its constant teachings, I am almost never at a loss for words. Every day I am given new material to work with and if I have learned anything over the past few years of writing it’s that there’s a lesson to be learned in even the smallest of events. But the past few days have continually one-upped each other and turned into a wave that I can only ride. I’m ready to stand up on the board. This is the moment I have been waiting for.

More than 3 years ago I woke up from the darkest day of my life and realized that there was something more to it all than the aimless path I was on. Something whispered “passion” and I followed that idea for years. In fact I am still learning what having a true calling and passion can do for me in terms of attracting people and situations to my life. But it seems that it was learning the importance of unconditional love that turned everything around for me. The ability to relate to people who I have never before on an emotional basis instead of focusing on the dissimilarities between us has driven my heart to be able to open up to anyone around me. Sure there are times when it goes cold – I think without those times you lose the appreciation for truly loving – but keeping true to your compass and having it point in the right direction is all that matters.

To be able to inspire people to live powerful, bold, and impassioned lives.

That’s what it has always been about. Because if I can throw a pebble out into the water and cause a small ripple for someone and they do the same, the world can change. There will always be those times where you find someone and inspire them to the point where they resemble an asteroid heading for the ocean, and this an incredible moment. I believe deep down in the depths of my soul that everyone has something great in them, and even if you aren’t doing it yet or your life has taken turns for the worse, you have the ability to turn the dial and move in a different direction. Because that was the opportunity that was given to me. No one cleared the path for me, in fact, I was only shown that there was a different journey to be taken and had to run through the weeds, bushes, and thorns to get there. But in the end the scars are worth the feeling of blooming.

July 2,3,4,5th were days of my life that I will never forget. I don’t even understand the magnitude of what is about to happen, but I do have one promise to make. I promise that with the opportunity that is about to form, I will give this life every last ounce of love, passion, and perseverance I have in this body of mine and change the world for the better. All systems go.

Chanel Hason
    July 5, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Stoked for you my friend πŸ™‚ Can’t wait to see where your path leads!

safi4775
    July 5, 2013 at 9:08 pm

I will love reading your post a year from now and see where you are then πŸ™‚ Keep forging!

susanai
      July 5, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Here’s hoping andcwishing you the very best in life.

The Yoga Experiment
    July 5, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Nothing like a good revelation! May you continue to inspire and be inspired.

9jagirl
    July 5, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Love this. You are a good man, Evan Sanders.

Inese Poga Art Gallery
    July 5, 2013 at 9:59 pm

It’s nice you’re finding your way. However, the sequences of things you do or don’t do at the moment become obvious and reveal themselves after many years, might be even 10 years from now. Accidents sometimes happen in order other things would get straightened out, physical pain can open doors for other talents or to make us aware how fragile we are and how nothing should be taken for granted. We should never think that we are actually on the driver’s seat. Using opportunities is fine, multiplying light and radiance around someone is great, helping others (not only in words, but in doing) is even better. What was good for you, and what wasn’t you’ll see when you are at a distance from these days. After a while, after some decade or two. Or three. We think and we plan, and I hope everything happens as you have imagined. It would be very easy to live if all parts would fall in the right place in our life picture. Well, things which happen within just 1 or 2 seconds sometimes change years in the future. How bad or good this future will be is unknown until we arrive at the point where energies, good or bad accidents, our past, our will, abilities and destiny take us.

dfought
    July 6, 2013 at 1:59 am

This is amazing. I have had this sort of ephiphany about the very same subject, and I wholeheartedly agree with you, that each of us has something truly powerful and great living inside of us. I firmly believe that we have the ability to live our lives the way we have always dreamed, and it’s so inspiring to read about you doing that very thing. Good luck!

Rajiv
    July 6, 2013 at 2:23 am

I really like what you write

@homelesscrisis
    July 6, 2013 at 3:05 am

Ummmmm errrrr…..nice…..but now i need a description of what took place on the 2nd,3rd,4th & 5th…. :-))!

kayuk
    July 6, 2013 at 10:45 am

Words have power. It’s inspiring to see that there are some in the world who use the power of words in a good way.

alenegeed
    July 6, 2013 at 12:52 pm

a truly inspirational post. Our words and actions do make a difference. I am pleased you took the journey to become a writer.

memyselfandkids.com
    July 8, 2013 at 8:13 am

Glad that whatever happened impacted you in such a positive way. Now the question is what actually happened?

writingtofreedom
    July 8, 2013 at 8:14 am

Congrats Even, Finding and expressing your purpose and passion is a true blessing and joy. My writing and blogging is for similar reasons. I look forward to hearing more about what was so profound about the last few days. Brad

frostforseti79
    July 8, 2013 at 2:38 pm

What you’re doing is beautiful. I agree, stripped of all words but: thank you.

Diane Hughes
    July 9, 2013 at 11:36 am

I love this piece! It echoes something I blogged about a while back (http://www.dianewordsmith.com/1/post/2012/04/lets-get-small-life-lessons-from-a-photographers-lens.html) and reminded me that I needed to re-read and listen again to my own words. I, too, am running through the weeds and bushes to follow my passion. Good luck to us both!

Diane Hughes
    July 9, 2013 at 11:39 am

I love this piece! It echoes something I blogged about a while back (http://www.dianewordsmith.com/1/post/2012/04/lets-get-small-life-lessons-from-a-photographers-lens.html) and reminded me that I needed to re-read and listen again to my own words. I, too, am running through the weeds and bushes to follow my passion. Good luck to both of us!

chasingwonderwoman
    July 9, 2013 at 6:53 pm

I agree with all the other comments, beautifully written and I too am intrigued as to what you will do next with what you have uncovered.

clara54
    July 10, 2013 at 10:56 am

You’ve reawakened to your passion and purpose- as I did in 2000! This is truly freedom to be. Thxs for the twitter follow. I’m about to return the favor.

Blessing & Abundance!

style frontier
    July 12, 2013 at 9:24 am

congratulations for finding your passion. this is a well written thoughts and it is inspiring

Kat
    July 13, 2013 at 11:44 pm

So glad I just found you on WordPress today πŸ™‚ I love your words and passion and look forward to hearing more! Have a lovely day x