Awoken

It’s not about catching up with the world, it’s about creating a life full of love and passion and having the world catch up with you. The times of having to mold ourselves into someone or something we aren’t are long gone – in fact, this may be one of the greatest lies of humanity. The belief that you have to fit in to lead a worthwhile life is a facade that shades your eyes from the truth. In many cases, it may feel that you have to be the cool person in order to gain the respect and appreciation of others, but let me tell you from personal experience – if you go out into the world, declare your purpose, and do something really ridiculously cool with your life, people will take notice and give you real respect. Respect for doing what you love and bring new ideas into the world. But the best part of it all…you give them the courage to do the same.

0e601b4a661911e2bfc622000a9d0dda_7

So wake up. Because you weren’t put on this planet to be an unrecognizable fish in a sea of bullshit. That’s about as straightforward as I can put it. Sure it’s going to be difficult. You are going to have every single doubt in the book and at times you are going to really want to quit. It was even Mother Teresa who said, “I know God won’t give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish he didn’t trust me so much.” At times I have felt completely broken…but the beauty of scars is that they are visual representations of where the light has entered into you.

To be able to look yourself in the eyes and say, “I have more in the tank I can give” is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself. I think about the concept of being on my deathbed often…and know that when I look down at my feet in those last moments, I will be able to see feet uncovered in leather – because I wore down the shoes that I was given from above. And in that moment I will know that I gave it every last drop of gas in the tank. Death no longer becomes a moment to be feared but a gift. To be truly proud of living a life worthy of a smile in your last moment.

So until that time…all engines go.

If you haven’t had the chance, read my book! http://amzn.to/18lRIci

Join me on Twitter http://bit.ly/Z0zCq9 and FB http://on.fb.me/RC57QW

• conditionedexistence
    July 5, 2013 at 12:04 am

This was a great one, you can tell you had one of those enlightened moments and felt the need to share. Amen.

• conditionedexistence
    July 5, 2013 at 12:12 am

Reblogged this on conditionedexistence and commented:
    I’ve been absent in my writing lately. Mostly because we’ve had so much going on. Moving to Hawaii to chase your dreams, is all fine, beautiful, amazing and dandy. But it sure is exhausting! Needless to say, it’s been a growing experience to say the least. Anyway, since I haven’t been around to write lately, I wanted to share a fellow blogger’s post. It is beautifully written! I mean, come on guys, this stuff just makes sense. Life is short. You’ve gotta do what you love. Be happy. Don’t sweat the small stuff. It’s only cliche because year after year people have been saying the same things over and over. WAKE UP AND LISTEN! The answers are right in front of you. It’s like the everyone is wearing drunk goggles. If we all just calmed the waters and paid attention, the truth, the way and light to true happiness are glaringly obvious.

• Carpenter's Quill
    July 5, 2013 at 12:58 am

Yessss. Couldn’t have written a truer post. It’s time for some new shoes!

• Hasan
    July 5, 2013 at 1:56 am

Reblogged this on My Paradise.

• SoundOfLaughter
    July 5, 2013 at 6:39 am

Thanks for the inspiring words.

• joseph elon lillie
    July 5, 2013 at 7:34 am

I can only say amen Evan! We were placed here for a divine purpose and that WAS NOT to make everyone around us happy. “The fear of man is a snare”. King Solomon,

• bercton
    July 5, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Words of wisdom!

• merigruevska
    July 6, 2013 at 5:24 am

Perfect song to go with post.
    I’m glad there’s people like yourself out there in this world.

• BigBodyBeauty
    July 7, 2013 at 8:18 am

Reblogged this on This is life according to bigbodybeauty…… and commented:
    This was truly awesome for me and the at the point I’m at in my life and learning to be patient!!! AWESOME!!!

• bee love
    July 13, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Evan, i cannot tell you how each day your blog inspires me. I feel your passion come through your words. I am motivated, captivated and inspired. I used to have this burning passion, and several years ago burned out. I am trying to recapture, or regrow from the experience. Your words help me tremendously.