Besting Your Best

919893_10200126919549544_1994073958_o

The time has come. What time is it? The moment when you finally realize that your best – what has been carrying you the whole way thus far – is now not your best. It has become the norm. It becomes boring, monotonous, and stale. It is time to best your best.

I have been pondering, planning, writing and preparing…and now, as all systems have been checked (to avoid fatal structural damage of course) there is only one thing left to do. Permission to launch.

Elevate yourself. Take whatever you had before and make it better. Improve upon it. Critique it. Make it stronger, faster, better.

Make this life, the one you have right now, the best moments you have ever had. But you have the have the courage to accept where you are right at this moment and be ready to take the next step.

“Tough times don’t last – tough people do.” No matter what, you can get through it. Iron mind, heart, and soul – all wrapped in silk. Find a balance. Balance will help you create a world where happiness flourishes.

• dreaminofobx
    May 10, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Without taking the time to stop and think about it, much less put words to it, this is what I’ve been working towards this year. Taking advantage of all the small moments, making each day the best it can be. Somehow, in that process, things have seemed to find their own balance and happiness has followed!

• Cocktails | Things I See and Know
    May 10, 2013 at 12:57 pm

[…] Murals (Where’s my backpack?) Quiet in the Corner (Two Shoes in Texas) Β new blog of the day Besting your Best (The Better Man […]

• joelportner
    May 10, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Reblogged this on joelportner's Blog and commented:
    love it!

• ladysoket | Day (443) – Besting your Best
    May 10, 2013 at 5:53 pm

[…] Day (443) – Besting your Best. […]

• Kerry Leese
    May 11, 2013 at 1:50 am

It’s very true, great post. It’s all about developing and improving. Sounds like you’re doing great things. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great day!

• dan4kent
    May 11, 2013 at 8:37 am

Permission to launch – what a powerful affirmation. Good to take in your reminder that each of us has charge over our own ignition switch. Succinct and clean – elegant stuff. Nice. Dan

• Chris Collins
    May 12, 2013 at 1:53 am

Reblogged this on nzmultisports and commented:
    Very wise words!

• Pink Ninjabi
    May 14, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Awesome and timely, thank you…..

• thebettermanprojects
      May 16, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I feel like a lot of my posts are timely for you haha maybe we are connected somehow. Or maybe it just is a testament to the fact that everyone goes through the same things. Hope all is well.

Love for you to connect with me on FB too http://on.fb.me/RC57QW for tons of motivational & inspiring content – Don’t forget to click the LIKE button!

• Pink Ninjabi
        May 19, 2013 at 4:15 pm

It’s funny, at the gym, I see all these BetterManProject-like individuals and I’m inspired, to be the best I can be. And to see that well, we are all facing our struggles somehow, and how human we really are. Reading your perspective has really helped me understand men better, and how similar we all really are. Thank you for the link and kind posts! They have inspired me to keep at the gym since Jan 2013 and before. My biceps couldn’t have done it without your incredible writing and sharing of thoughts!

Pink.

• tinemagpayo
    May 14, 2013 at 8:11 pm

TRULY MOTIVATING!!! πŸ™‚

• thebettermanprojects
      May 16, 2013 at 10:08 pm

BOOM ALL CAPS COMMENT! ahah thank you. What did you like about it?

"raw. electric. a daily shock to the soul."

Sign up for free to receive straight fire and motivation into your inbox daily!