Day (432) – How Far You’ve Come

Sometimes you have to look back and see how far you have come. I know its difficult when you spend so much time looking at your goals + appreciating the current moment…but I think it is necessary to give yourself credit where the credit is due. As time has gone on, my view of the past for me has changed drastically. It used to be a place I lived in – then it turned into a place that I feared – then to a place where I looked for inspiration – and most of the time now, it has become a time of my life that I can smile at. I think, out of all things, this the biggest change that I have ever gone through. Because if you can control your view on your story, you have the power to create a new one.

45487_385094991597940_238344305_nTake a look back, tip your cap to your story, and then go get the new one. Before you can accomplish anything in life, you have to accept your current condition. You can’t keep running from it, because it is your shadow. It is only when you accept the fact that it is indeed your shadow can you begin a new journey to create a new shadow. The fact is, you can never split yourself from your past…but you can always drastically change what you are doing now, because after that moment, you have created something that will make its mark on your story.

How will your story read at the end of your life?

Join me on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/cr36vyn

Ann's Open Door
    March 25, 2013 at 8:38 am

Very good word, Evan. Very encouraging.

jeejee
    March 25, 2013 at 8:46 am

How do you deal with a spot in your life where you feel stuck by fear and uncertainty – anchored because of past experiences. How do you reach beyond that?

sirkevinmorrow
    March 25, 2013 at 9:56 am

Great post, give yourself credit where credit is due for this post as well!

Funny thing is – I was listening to the same Drake song – and talking to a friend about embracing our stories – when I checked my email and saw your post.

Thank you for sharing it. Have a great day.

stringtheories910
    March 25, 2013 at 10:37 am

dude, i’m finding more and more inspiration the more i read your posts. it gives me the drive and the will to push forward and make the best out of every day. thanks man!

Drew
    March 25, 2013 at 11:56 am

One of my favorite Drake songs; the funny thing is that I was just listening to it when I saw this post. Cheers my friend!

Anonymously Yours
    March 25, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Bonjour! I’m nominating you for the Sunshine award for being such an awesomely inspiring blogger on this post right here:
    If you choose to accept it, here is a lil’ bit about the award and the rules: “The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!””

christinehaggerty
    March 25, 2013 at 8:17 pm

I decided that part of loving myself unconditionally is loving my past, because ALL of it makes me who I am today.

hansa george
    March 26, 2013 at 12:29 am

So right Evan, I couldn’t agree more! Let the past empower you to move forward to a better you and use past experiences as catalysts for new ones!!!

Heidi Del Muro
    March 26, 2013 at 4:43 am

Once this way of thinking becomes habit, things in life get a little easier. We learn to move our lives toward the direction we desire, rather than accepting things for just ending up the way they are.
    You are right, the world does need better men.

Lana Gorbacheva
    March 26, 2013 at 6:13 am

Thanks for stopping my my blog!

I love your tagline, about becoming a better man. I kinda believe if your goal is set, it means you are already half way through.

Best if luck and I hope tonsee more of your posts!

annayahjenkinss
    April 10, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Reblogged this on Annayahjenkinss's Blog and commented:
    Very encouraging, makes me think abt everything I have been through these past months