Day (425) – Keep It Simple

05a4d8547de4a0e34d18962198135ad0

Take whatever is mulling in your head, break it down, and try to put it into three words. For me, right now, that looks like this: enjoy this moment. Doesn’t get much simpler than that. And as I look at “what’s next” for everything I am up to, I know that if I keep it simple, while explaining some pretty complex emotions and thoughts, I will be in good shape.

So today is short. Keep it simple.

Day (425) – Keep It Simple | ElectedLadyKeepingitReal
    March 15, 2013 at 5:58 pm

[…] Day (425) – Keep It Simple. […]

Punky Coletta
    March 15, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Yay for this! (I was going to write a longer comment, but then figured out how I could say what I wanted to say in 3 words!)

Geo Sans
    March 15, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Funny

I saw the same

da vinci quote

yesterday

elaintoxicated
    March 15, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Life is (fucking) complicated!

Matthew Coleman
    March 15, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Accepting my imperfection

samanthster46
      March 16, 2013 at 7:22 am

If I could high five you I would! πŸ™‚

Douglas E
    March 15, 2013 at 11:25 pm

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction” – Albert Einstein.

healing wanderer
    March 16, 2013 at 2:00 am

I can sense a contradiction between the two advice: If I keep it simple and dig into what really matters, I am unable to smile.

How can anyone be expected to enjoy the present while facing the near future as we do? I wish someone would explain that to me.

dugnmis
      March 16, 2013 at 5:33 am

Who told you that the future looks dismal and how does that person know what the future brings? Don’t we affect the future with how we handle today? Should we surrender before we even try?

healing wanderer
        March 16, 2013 at 6:30 am

Thank you for your question and for making these very good points. In my view, the reason why our future looks so negative (actually hopeless) exactly because the majority don’t see where we are going therefore we don’t handle it in a way that could make a difference. I am also at the stage of discovering the big picture and trying to share what I found with those who might care. This takes a lot of research in politics and economics and access to vital information from all over the world that the mass media withholds.

In addition any communication in this direction has been invalidated by those who downgrade it, discredit it as “fear-mongering”. But if we open our eyes, we can see that – to put it bluntly – we are heading towards the age of realising the world of the Hunger Games (the best analogy therefore I dwell on it).
        It takes courage and sacrifice to face these issues but that’s the only reasonable thing to do, in my view, especially when someone cares about the future generations. The ecological plundering is just one aspect of the many. Thanks a lot for reading this.

There are more info on this on my blog:

dugnmis
          March 29, 2013 at 6:38 am

I can agree with the fact that the world is in shambles. It definitely has deteriorated greatly from it’s origins. I agree that we are blind to how to handle this life in the state it is in. I think most if not all of the state of the world is the fault of we humans. That is why for me I seek a higher power for help in understanding my responsibility. I think we need to change our pattern of behavior. This change starts from within us which controls our minds which incites our responses. I, too, address this often in my blog, kingservant.com. I believe I can benefit from visiting your blog. Thanks.

Rosie Amber
    March 16, 2013 at 2:23 am

Inspiring thought! Mine are “Yay it’s Saturday”

dugnmis
    March 16, 2013 at 5:21 am

How about “Build up others?” I will endeavor today to encourage others. Ephesians 4:29;

Heidi Del Muro
    March 16, 2013 at 5:30 am

Make life good

Coral
    March 16, 2013 at 6:20 am

I enjoy reading your perspective. And so, today, I will be simply reblogging this post. πŸ˜‰ Thank you for being true to your project!

Coral
    March 16, 2013 at 6:27 am

Reblogged this on Beyond Life's Challenges and commented:
    Evan Sanders is one of the few blogs that I read religiously, not because I think he’s (necessarily) a “guru,” but due to the fact that I like his straight talk and that he has committed himself to being a better person. In his words: “The world needs better men. This blog is simply my journey to becoming a better man every day and the lessons…along the way.” I encourage you to get to know him and yourself through his words.

May Your Soul Stirβ„’
    March 16, 2013 at 6:36 am

Keep the faith!

samanthster46
    March 16, 2013 at 7:25 am

Reblogged this on samanthster46 and commented:
    Positives. Try to balance every negative with a two positives. It’s a struggle worth struggling for.

Melia Alexander
    March 16, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Life is beautiful!

Denduk
    March 17, 2013 at 7:31 am

Reblogged this on smile and shine!.

lilycatbyrne
    March 17, 2013 at 7:32 am

Hello, I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! See my post here: http://lilybyrne.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/now-im-a-versatile-blogger/

Well done and best wishes,

Lily