Day (417) – The Stones

554893_375733055867467_1997881796_n

Do you have the stones for it? The stones for what? For it.

Sitting in the car with my dad the other day, I asked him about the speeches he has given throughout the years and which one was his favorite. “I think the risk speech I gave was my favorite,” he said. “What was that about?” He then dropped on me an equation I will never forget.

Your commitment and excitement of it succeeding has to be > your fear of it failing.

This is a sliding scale too. Often of times there are moments where the failures stack up, and you question the other side. But the scale must never live in the favor of the side of failure. It must be tipped towards belief. Because there are so many reasons that it wont work…I promise you. The past…a huge one. In fact, most venture capital firms prefer to back first time entrepreneurs because they are hungry, over the seasoned ones because they are less likely to take risk because they know the game.

318027_436481593085836_615142774_n

But it does come down to the question of whether or not you have the stones…the guts…the fortitude to make it happen?

Which side of the equation are you?

Check out the Book:Β http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B89PDJU

Join The Dream:Β https://www.facebook.com/BetterManProject

lavirtuduvice
    February 28, 2013 at 10:12 am

Reblogged this on La Vertu Du Vice and commented:
    Very inspirational!

ramblingsofabipolarwoman
    February 28, 2013 at 10:54 am

Reblogged this on ramblingsofabipolarwoman and commented:
    So very true! Again, like something else I reblogged earlier…..success isn’t easy, you have to work hard for whatever it is you want to accomplish. You will fall, you will get disappointed, things may take awhile to work out, but if you want something bad enough, you will work hard and continue to press on.

thebettermanprojects
      March 1, 2013 at 9:59 am

You are right. It takes pounding away at your craft to make it there. The failures come with the thrill of the journey πŸ™‚

Nico Canon
    February 28, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Amazing! love the pictures, quotes and message.
    Your father is a very wise man.

-Nico

Postcard Poems and Prose
    February 28, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Risk v. Reward…always a worthwhile bout. Nicely stated. Dave

Peter
    February 28, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Reblogged this on A View from the Other Side.

myupscalegaragesale
    February 28, 2013 at 7:16 pm

This post could not have been written at a better time! Funny how perfect strangers can say somerhing that jars you out of your funk! Thanks πŸ™‚

The World Is My Cuttlefish
    March 1, 2013 at 3:27 am

Inspiring post. What profession is your father on? He sounds le a real mentor.

The World Is My Cuttlefish
    March 1, 2013 at 3:28 am

“…sounds like…”

FlorK
    March 1, 2013 at 3:35 am

David had the stones that slayed Goliath that gave them the victory over the Philistines – this illustrates precisely your point.

progressionofme
    March 1, 2013 at 4:40 am

wow – yes, powerful post Evan! I’m curious too, what does your father do?

uscgparentingnetwork
    March 1, 2013 at 6:46 am

Thank you great outlook. It’s hard to just close your eyes and fall because the fear of hitting the ground.

thebettermanprojects
      March 1, 2013 at 10:06 am

Thank you! It is so hard, but sometimes you get so sick and tired of not taking risk that you have to.

middleagedtryathlete
    March 1, 2013 at 10:23 am

I agree completely! We all make choices – whether to stay where we are or move forward. No matter what choice we make (and sometimes, not making a choice is a decision in itself!), we live with those consequences. Working toward a better life in any way would seem worth the effort, yet many won’t risk it because of the possibility of failure. Think of how much better our world could be if more people took that chance!

prashlive
    March 4, 2013 at 12:39 am

Awesome post. Loved the concept of your blog. To be a better man everyday. Simply superb.

Michael
    March 6, 2013 at 3:33 am

Hiii. I love your blog a lot. Hence, I have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Congratulations ! Please visit http://justmikemon.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/the-versatile-blogger-award/

Elements of Imagery
    March 26, 2013 at 2:59 pm

This is a great post! And something I’ve always tried to remind myself every day as I work to pursue endeavors that add fulfillment to my life.

I actually heard about your blog from a friend last month and was pleasantly surprised to receive a notification today that you’re following “Here to Conquer”! Thanks for checking it out. πŸ™‚

-Liz

Elements of Imagery
    March 26, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Reblogged this on Here To Conquer and commented:
    This is a post by a new follower of “Here to Conquer” that writes the blog “The Better Man Projects”. This is a great read for both men and women touching upon the topic of taking risks in the pursuit of fulfillment. There are still lofty dreams and goals worth pursuing, but adulthood has a way of materializing this”thing” called reality, which creates a laundry list of obstacles obscuring our view of those goals. This post asks you to evaluate your drive vs. fear. If you want something bad enough, you have to push yourself to conquer it.