The No Vitamins

A man one day was walking down the street and he passed this porch where some people were talking and there was this dog that was moaning and groaning. He was curious as to why the dog was moaning and groaning, and he went back and asked the owner,”Why is the dog moaning and groaning?” The guy said, “Because he is laying on a nail.” “Well, why won’t he get off?” He said, “It’s not hurting bad enough for him to get off…just hurting bad enough for him to moan and groan.”

~ Les Brown

Les Brown, a very famous motivational speaker, was in my headphones today and he made me say out loud “I refuse to die and unlived life.” He then went into a short segment that was very similar to my definition of hell and made me realize that I was given these specific and special gifts…by not making them come alive, they die with me. I have to make these things shine as bright as they can.

comfortzone

A long time ago, I saw an old lady stand in front of a group of people and tell everyone that she had lived her life feeling worthless because her grandmother had hit her with a spoon when she was 5. Everything after that point, she felt that she wasn’t good enough…and if there was anything that could confirm this belief, it would. I looked on, astonished, and I knew that I had to turn things around.

~ Evan Sanders

• wherethedaytakesme
    February 17, 2013 at 4:02 pm

That is a good analogy right there. Words to feed on. Thank you!

• kposh
    February 17, 2013 at 4:19 pm

i love the photo.. because “life truly does begin at the end of your comfort zone!” so good.

• thoughtfullywritten
      February 17, 2013 at 6:18 pm

I agree! Stepping outside of your comfort zone is scary but its worth it!

• kposh
        February 17, 2013 at 6:32 pm

exactly! sometimes I wish there was a ‘like’ button 🙂

• Steve G. Nelson
    February 17, 2013 at 5:05 pm

“You can’t get out of life alive. You have to die to leave here.” Couldn’t have said it better myself. Very depressing but true.

• iloove017
    February 17, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Reblogged this on MEMYSELF&YOU.

• eqs90
    February 17, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Reblogged this on thehipsterchronicles.

• seaofcarnage
    February 17, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Thank you, I have been feeling this nagging pull at my soul. I was unable to verbalize what I felt. You have done so for me.

• duvalbydesign
    February 17, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Les Brown has given me motivation too, glad to see your post here!

• Gretchen Leary
    February 17, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Thank-you for the reminder to be strong enough to venture beyond my comfort zone.

• theanonymoustraveller
    February 18, 2013 at 4:09 am

You only realize how far your dreams can reach and how possible it is to become reality once you start. Once you become uncomfortable.

• anadventurersdream
    February 18, 2013 at 8:35 am

“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” This is a quote by Helen Keller that I absolutely adore, and I think it kind of fits in with what you are saying. If you don’t get out of your comfort zone, find that thing that is worth living for, then what is actually going on? I think it’s really worth it to go out and do things that are important to me. I love enjoying life. 🙂

• joseph elon lillie
    February 18, 2013 at 9:44 am

“You have to be hungry. You have to want it bad. Most of all, you have to eat all the “No’s” that are told to you like vitamins. Feed off of them. Because no one else can live your life but you. “You can’t get out of life alive. You have to die to leave here.” Find something worth dying for and then live for it. That is the way I am going to go out. All engines burning.”
    I’m with you here Evan! These are awesome words I am tucking down deep in my soul today! Thanks for the follow on “Lillie-Put” by the by.

• Jennifer Browne
    February 18, 2013 at 9:46 am

Reblogged this on Jennifer Browne and commented:
    Love this! Very motivating, and absolutely true. Get uncomfortable!

• gregmercer601
    February 18, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Greet work – wish I ‘d got off my butt & started reading these posts sooner! Live. & learn, live & learn… Thanks.

• Do you hurt enough to move? | The Treasure Trove
    February 18, 2013 at 2:47 pm

[…] via Day (412) – The No Vitamins. […]

• Day (412) – The No Vitamins | Positively Rachel
    February 20, 2013 at 7:09 pm

[…] Day (412) – The No Vitamins. […]

• andreafavored
    February 22, 2013 at 8:30 am

Reblogged this on My unwritten… Until now and commented:
    This is so amazing!! I sure did need to read this and see it from a different perspective. Sometimes it helps when a complete stranger says the exact same thing you know to do, but you don’t because you feel alone (and I guess, not tired enough!). This is AWESOME!!

• "raw. electric. a daily shock to the soul."

Join hundreds of thousands of dreamers. Sign up for free to receive straight fire and motivation into your inbox daily!