My Definition of Hell

definition of hell

I believe that the definition of hell is the day you are on your deathbed…and the ghost of the person you could have become appears in front of the person you are.

To me, this is the scariest image possible…and if it doesn’t motivate me into action…it scares me into it.

I truly do fear this concept…and that makes me work as hard as I can, every single day, to become something extraordinary. But most of all, it pushes me to the point of creating something…so when it is my time to go…I will not feel the cold touch of death and experience that image of hell…but to feel a warm hand, and to have been everything I could have been.

You have to let go of the person who has been running your life for the past however many years. You just have to release.

definition of hell

When you let go of yourself…you can begin to go to work on the person you wish to become. You can push yourself. You can reach deep down inside of yourself for all the motivation you will ever need. You won’t look to other people to solve your problems. You won’t blame others for things that are happening to you.

You will become the definition of a day dreamer. That you don’t have to go to sleep to see your dreams…they will just be in front of your eyes while you are awake…and that is one of the most powerful positions to be in. To be able to see something far off in the distance, and bring it right in front of you today…and visualize it…taste it…touch it…understand it. But most of all…to believe that you can become one with that thought….and block out any thought of never achieving it.

If I didn’t publish…if I didn’t live out my dream of becoming the best motivational speaker that ever was, if I didn’t travel the world talking to people about their life…if I didn’t achieve my fitness goals…if I didn’t create myself every single day and work harder and harder to become an example for people to show that with enough love and passion you can achieve anything you want….that ghost would meet me during my final hour…and I would regret not running through fear.

I know this deep down in my bones…and it is a feeling that above has instilled in me. Every day I wake up anxious to move…anxious to go. There will be bumps…but there will be no regrets. I am going all out.

Polysyllabic Profundities
    November 23, 2012 at 12:24 pm

That was really inspiring. And I love the line “That you don’t have to go to sleep to see your dreams…they will just be in front of your eyes while you are awake”. Brilliant!!

November 23, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I like the visual of letting go of the old me…opening my hands to release what is comfortable, even if I don’t feel inspired by the me I’ve become. I recently heard a lecture where the speaker said he believed the only question we would be asked when we died was, “Did you become who you were meant to be?”

November 23, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Well I really like his message and thank you for the comment. Embrace the uncomfortablenesssss πŸ™‚

November 23, 2012 at 2:14 pm

i love your writing but I must ask; have you been saved? Born again? Jesus died for our sins, a complete pardon awaits you…You’ll never see Hell…If you ask Him to enter your heart and accept Him as your Lord and Savior you will spend eternity in Heaven…A better man? No, THE BEST MAN…Perhaps I’m preaching to the choir if so then you know what I mean…You have a gift…A wonderful talent…Given to you by God to spread His Word…

November 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Thank you for your incredible amount of support. I will reserve our religious talks for a more personal note, however, I still love what you have to say when you make comments.

November 23, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Always love reading your positive outlook on life. I’m happy to say on most days for me also I bounce right out of bed to face the new day.

November 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Well that fires me up! Because when I’m fired up, you are fired up. Boom πŸ™‚

Keep grindin!

November 23, 2012 at 4:15 pm

This is great!

November 23, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Thank you for stopping by my blog as it led me to yours. Your definition of hell caught me by surprise and has really given me something to think about. I’ll be back.

November 23, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I live by this myself! I let go of things that have taken up so much of my life (years even!) and I feel so much….lighter and happier! I intend to live my life that way for my years to the best of my ability! Thanks for the awesome post!

November 23, 2012 at 6:46 pm

After years of being alone with me and my thoughts, no relationships to get in the way, I can say that I really feel as if I know who I am and try to live my life like this every single day. Some days it doesn’t work, but other days I remember that I have the strength and the endurance to be exactly who I am and live exactly as I want to live without fear of repercussions from anyone or anything.

Thank you for this post, it’s beautiful.

November 23, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Love this post! I am finding it a little hard at the moment to let go of that other trying to read as much of your stuff as I can!!

November 24, 2012 at 2:43 am

Your words are a dose of inspiration, enough to jolt one out of life’s stupor and go charging towards their dream. Keep the words flowing.

November 24, 2012 at 7:39 am

Amazing! x

November 24, 2012 at 8:30 am

what a scary vision of hell. I’ve not experienced that fear – not because I’m ‘great’ at all I do. Far be it. But as long as I feel that I am loving and kind to all around me, and that I am true to myself and to those around me, I wake up each morning looking forward to what the day will bring. And yes, every day is a challenge to BE me, but it’s a worthwhile challenge, for sure. Good luck with your challenges!

November 24, 2012 at 9:54 am

I’m loving your contents every time I read one. I’m inspired and I can’t wait for version 350..

Restless Tiger
    November 24, 2012 at 10:40 am

Reblogged this on Tameable Tiger.

November 24, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Reblogged this on Tredding Deep Waters.

November 24, 2012 at 8:16 pm

BE THE DREAM Beautifully written!

JoΓ«lle Jean Baptiste - Author
    November 25, 2012 at 1:51 am

Reblogged this on Ink cherry write.

November 25, 2012 at 11:14 pm

This reminds me of an exercise. If you were on your deathbed, “what would you regret not doing/accomplishing/trying during your lifetime?” If not doing it scares you, then do it πŸ™‚

November 26, 2012 at 6:19 am

inspiring–i needed that today

December 9, 2012 at 6:49 pm

ll I can say is … yep πŸ˜‰
    and thanks for the follow. I try to keep my rose colored glasses from slipping and adore being β€˜all in’ in life. About to post a blog that compares life to poker. Hope you like it

December 20, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Tahnks for following! I really enjoyed this post. It is so important to live each day as the best person possible and in a fulfilling way. This inspired me πŸ™‚

December 20, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Wow. Pretty powerful. I’m making my list now! Thanks for dropping by my blog.

December 20, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Damn. I feel that I’ve just been given a well deserved kick up the butt. Thanks for that.

You’ll keep …

Tom Norman
    November 22, 2013 at 10:50 am

I love this Evan! It’s that same image, of what I could be that spurs me on. Every day is either a day of contribution, gratitude and progress towards that goal, or is a day wasted!

I believe we’ve all got the innate responsibility to try and become the best we can be, so you’ve completely hit the nail on the head with this!

I love the Better Man Project! Keep it up! πŸ™‚