The Frozen Playground

*Beep. Beep. Beep.*

*Groan*

::reaches over to Ipod shuffle…puts in headphones::

*Click. Skip. Skip. Skip.*

::Smiles::

I put my clothes on, tied up my running shoes, and headed out. The street was frosted…and the cold air quickly wakened my skin. I looked around for a second…hmm…Rocky? I started running. I ran down to the lake and was pleasantly surprised by a white sheet covering the ground. I just stood there…looking…soaking it in. It was beautiful.

I started running back. Oh good lord. I forgot about that hill. I don’t really have the opportunity to run in high elevation that much…and the next half of a mile was an absolute struggle. But…..I did it. It wasn’t easy though. And it came at the cost of me yelling out loud “Comon! Comon!”

No excuses. Just go to battle. Get out there and work hard. The thing is, we often sabotage our plan because we “can.” Isn’t that interesting? “Oh I am going to do this because I have the ability to.” Trust me, this conversation has gone on in my head many times throughout the past year. And I figured out what it comes down to. Vision.

If you are thinking about the end result constantly, you easily sacrifice today’s comforts for that vision. In terms of goals, you consistently throughout the day have to focus on what the goal is. If you lose sight of that goal, you will lose the ability to control your actions today. So when making a decision, you have to ask yourself if that is in line with what your final destination is.

Being in the present is incredibly important. However, a new concept has come to mind for me lately. “How cool would it be to live in the present, as the amazing person you can be (insert amount of time required here) in the future. This concept is somewhere along the line of the same thought as be the person who you want to be today. Act the same way, do the same things, talk the same way. Eventually, if you truly believe in your new “person”…then you will become that person. So ask yourself…”Would my ideal me be doing what I am doing right now?” The answers will come easily.

Be the now of the person who you want to be later.

Please Join My Dreamย https://www.facebook.com/BetterManProject

conversationswithacowboy
    November 23, 2012 at 10:14 am

Love this and was just having similar thoughts this morning .. thank you for those inspiring words. May put those last two sentences up on the fridge and be reminded of that thought each day.

stephenie
    November 23, 2012 at 11:19 am

thanks for that wee gee, lovely blog, very fridayish and thanks for frank, a revelation! ps he’s cute!

stephenie
    November 23, 2012 at 11:25 am

sorry posted accidently but can I say the living in the present being vital has really resonated, thank yoi

10000hourstobe
    November 23, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Love this, Evan. I’ve been thinking the same thing. Live as if I am the person i want to be, and voila…

thebettermanprojects
      November 23, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Do it! I really like the title of your blog too. Only a few people understand the 10,000 reference

sunrisecasting
    November 23, 2012 at 2:21 pm

That is good! You are an inspiration!

katrinaedwards
    November 23, 2012 at 3:03 pm

“Be the now of the person who you want to be later.”

Love this quote…inspiring ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you

Erika
    November 24, 2012 at 12:08 am

Epic post! Every single post of yours is so powerful. Thanks for infecting us with positivity and power. Love the song, btw!

JMPoland21van
    November 24, 2012 at 9:24 am

In this NOW I virtually embrace you, scent unsmelled!
    Jeanne Poland

rebeccavt
    November 24, 2012 at 7:10 pm

“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Ghandi

Look at that: you’ve already arrived at the same conclusion as Ghandi…keep up the great work, Evan!!

Dada Space Cat
    November 25, 2012 at 4:48 pm

โ€œHow cool would it be to live in the present, as the amazing person you can be (insert amount of time required here) in the future. This concept is somewhere along the line of the same thought as be the person who you want to be today. Act the same way, do the same things, talk the same way. Eventually, if you truly believe in your new โ€œpersonโ€โ€ฆthen you will become that person. ” — Very well said. That is what we all should do. It is just difficult to do the right things in the present moment, but the present moment always catches up to us..we should do what we would want to do as the person we want to be. Great writing there and ideas.

A. S. Ellis
    November 26, 2012 at 8:45 am

Wow. This hits me in the gut. In the best way possible. I may have to bookmark it and read it every morning for three weeks, or however long it takes to develop the positive habit of operating from this mindset – which is wholly and entirely a proper mindset.

Awesome! Thank you!

A. S. Ellis
    November 26, 2012 at 9:24 am

Reblogged this on The Dusty Muscle and commented:
    I’ve never “re-blogged” anything before, but this, well, I just had to.

Men, follow this blog. Because the world DOES need better men.