Accountability

I talk a lot about accountability and the difference that it makes in your life when you actually take it seriously. Accountability and integrity are like a tandem bike for me. Both of them have to be working at the exact same time for the bike to move. If not, it’s like one person is stepping on the breaks and one person is trying to pedal as hard as they can. Maybe a little bit of progress will be made…but good lord is it going to be hard to ride.

So I am posting the picture above as my personal way of not only being accountable for my dreams, but also as a way of being accountable to everyone here. I talk about the gym, the mentality it takes to push yourself, and the effects of getting in there every single day no matter how you are feeling. You push through the pain because that makes you stronger. When your muscles start to burn you are in the transformation stage. That is where you want to be. Finding your edge and moving past it. Not being afraid to fail. I have failed over and over and over again at achieving this goal of mine…but it really doesn’t matter because I am figuring out new and better ways of doing things and I am giving myself a better chance to win.

Happiness is when what you think, say, and do are all in alignment. You will become an unstoppable force if you believe in what you are doing and you act on it. Whenever I am in a rut, I check to see if all those three characteristics apply in my life at that time. Usually, if once is out of sync, the whole equation goes to hell.

Sometimes you have to do what other things you are crazy for doing. Dedication is a very effective way of getting what you want. In fact, those who think you are nuts will call you obsessed with what you are doing. That’s okay, obsessed is simply a word that people who can’t do what you are doing use to try to drag you down. Take it as a complement. Then change the vocabulary.

There are no problems, just situations. Just things to get better at and obstacles to overcome. When you think of it this way, life gets a whole lot easier. Nothing to fix…just a different way of looking at something. So I have 1.5 months left to achieve my goal, and in another 2 weeks, I will post another photo to ensure that I am going on the right track. Please root me on, I would love the support.

Get out there and make things happen. Remember, the only difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline.

Please Join My Dream https://www.facebook.com/BetterManProject

• Casie
    November 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I like that Jack Sparrow quote and I didn’t know you were on Twitter, I just followed 🙂

• MeshaLeigh
    November 10, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Its crazy to me how I absolutely LOVE LOVE EVERYTHING you write. Lol, you can do ANYTHING that you are dedicated to !

• aleanansidhe
    November 10, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Very good points. I especially like the,”happiness is when…” paragraph. I sorely needed to be reminded of that right now.

• thoughtfullywritten
    November 10, 2012 at 9:56 pm

“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” -Michael Jordan

• countingdownfromzero
    November 11, 2012 at 3:51 am

Love your writing style. Not only inspiring, but witty and fun to read. Thanks and I look forward to more posts!!

• 1queenvictoria
    November 11, 2012 at 6:41 am

Great post! Accountability and integrity are so important to me. We aren’t born with them so we have to continue to use them daily so they become a part of us and in the end….we’re better for using them. I’m rooting for you!

• bepaulin
    November 11, 2012 at 6:43 am

Absolutely Fantastic, thanks for the inspirational words!

• mikeballenger2011
    November 11, 2012 at 7:58 am

Awesome job sir! Keep up the good work and keep sharing the positive energy.

• lapoetaflor
    November 11, 2012 at 8:56 am

Thanks for the motivation. Stay on your good path.

• Harvey Millican
    November 11, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Thanks for the inspiration!

• skybunnies
    November 11, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Writing down goals is not only therapeutically but a great way to keep motivated through the arduous journey! I’m finding that the occasional rant on a blog (or private diary) works wonders to keep on track as well as making a fantastic collection of experiences to look back on. Thanks for the inspirational post and keep up the good work 🙂

• susannairn
    November 11, 2012 at 4:27 pm

You’ve inspired me to start kicking my own ass again….thank you!!

• Nerdy Girl
    November 11, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Always rooting for you, Evan! You inspire me every time I read your blog. Every day when I hit the gym, I think of you, working towards your goals. It pushes me harder to hit my goals. Thank you. 🙂

• sentientgirl
    November 11, 2012 at 6:12 pm

You can do it bro! You are doing great!

• noordinaryjoy61
    November 11, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Loved this post! I have no doubt that you’re going to reach your goal. All those times you tried and ‘failed’, they weren’t failures… just trial runs. The only failure is in not getting back up and trying again. So, you can do it, Evan, I have faith in you. You’re an inspiration to all of us!!!

• Grass Oil by Molly Field
    November 11, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Kudos and best wishes! You’re on your way!

• Suzicue
    November 11, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Haven’t exercised in about a month. Thanks for the pep talk – hoping to get back to it.

• tornadoday
    November 11, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Hey, Evan. This is so very ‘on the mark’. I heard a speaker recently talk about dreams. He spoke about dreams coming true and that we should push to that goal – but that our dreams should never ‘all come true’ just because we made them smaller……… Very nice. ~ Love, Bobbie

• Dagny
    November 12, 2012 at 1:49 am

Years ago I read this: Your problem is not your problem. Your inability to deal with the problem is the problem.

I love Captain Sparrow’s quote too. He is rather…. sweet. 😀

• Taninja
    November 12, 2012 at 5:19 am

So strange – just last week, I blogged about ‘Laying foundations to happiness’, and I’ve could have sworn, we’re talking about the same, with different words! Uplifting! Keep being you!

• ProjectGoodLife
    November 12, 2012 at 8:03 am

Evan, Today’s post demonstrates many of the reasons that I follow your blog. You me motivated. You speak my language. You make me want to be a better man. Bravo. Keep it up, my friend.

• ProjectGoodLife
      November 12, 2012 at 8:05 am

Oops! You KEEP me motivated.

• vickeyalvarez
    November 12, 2012 at 8:41 am

“obsessed is simply a word that people who can’t do what you are doing use to try to drag you down” Thank you for this.

• healthygirl
    November 12, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Thanks for posting these quotes. Very helpful.

• Ebonie
    November 12, 2012 at 5:07 pm

“There are no problems, just situations.” — Love this.

• Ebonie
    November 12, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Reblogged this on I Am Phenomenal.

• Andrea Kelly
    November 12, 2012 at 7:44 pm

“the only difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline.”

This is a great perspective, I love it 🙂

• ryjoca
    November 13, 2012 at 12:13 pm

“The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their DREAMS”, I don’t know if its just coincidence or not, but this is the same line i’ve been keeping to myself as a motivation to achieve my goals and dreams in life.
    Rooting for you Evan. Go for it

• ryjoca
    November 13, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Reblogged this on ryjoca and commented:
    “The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams”. Dream and make that dream into REALITY…

• Accountability | darkanddreary
    January 6, 2013 at 9:48 pm

[…] that I’ve been reading a blog, The Better Man Project and found an article talking about accountability.  Starting today, I’m holding myself accountable to you.  Every night, I will include at […]

"Stay in the loop & don't miss a thing."

Sign up for free, stay in the loop and receive my exclusive emails!