A New Age

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” – Hemingway

Deep deep down within us, we have something that many of us have not addressed. That something may be incredibly different for each person, but we are fighting the same battle. The battle not against what is deep down in the crevasses of our heart, but the fight against denial. I came to this realization a long time ago, but recently the importance of acceptance came back into the front of my mind. It would brought to my mind through the actions of another person.

Around this time last year, I wrote a piece about a few lessons that my teacher taught me before your school break. What he said was that we must accept our current condition before we are able to make lasting and meaningful changes (Post is called Fr. Mc.). He went on to say that our duty as humans is to do good in the world, and if we fail to recognize the weak spots within us, then these links will get exploited by negativity. We fail to realize our true potential because of our ignorance of pure denial of a weak spot in our armor. This causes disaster.

Know your outcome. It doesn’t matter how scary your goal is, you have to know exactly what your outcome is going to look like. What it is going to feel like, who is going to be around you, what you will be doing, how you will be acting…the list goes on. You must aim high and continue to push yourself each and every day. Without this push, we settle just like silt in the bottom of a river. Don’t sink. I know we have all had that feeling before of not doing what we were meant to be doing. It drags us down. Whenever I had this feeling, I asked myself if I was actually doing what I was thinking and preaching. Usually the answer is no. Then, with this realization of my current condition, I know exactly what I have to do. Get in action.

Start each and every new day with an appreciation that you are here and that you have been given the opportunity to do something amazing in the world. I can’t tell you how incredible it feels to be doing what I am doing right now. To be able to sit here and write my heart out on the paper. Even more…I am so grateful for the courage and strength to go forwards with my dream and create an actual book. Something that will I will frame and put on my wall as a testament to the power of dreams. So I challenge you to dream big, and to accept the fact that your dream may take years of hard work, but eventually, you will get there. Nothing worth doing is easy. However, it is in those moments that you power through the hard times that makes you into an unstoppable piece of human momentum.

I have one small request from everyone. If you are interested in the book, please please please like this page or shoot me a comment with your email. I will moderate the comment to secure your privacy and delete it once I have the email. I am trying to get a grip on shipping and how much it will cost and all of the customs issues. So please head over to the Facebook page, or just leave me a comment here. I cannot wait for the day that I send these across the world.

Once again, thank you for all the support.

Please Join My Dream :) https://www.facebook.com/BetterManProject

• KerryW
    October 31, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Reblogged this on No Ordinary Moments and commented:
    Enjoy this post by Evan Sanders…The Betterman Project. Keep working on yourself – you’re worth it!

• Day (324) – A New Age | No Ordinary Moments
    October 31, 2012 at 5:11 pm

[…] Reblogged from The Better Man Project: […]

• Ashley
    October 31, 2012 at 6:05 pm

This is all so true but not so easy to truly understand. It’s been a year of learning the intellectual basis of this, but it took an experiential process to finally make it real, to make it my personal truth. It’s an individual path,a journey…and one worth taking. Thanks for being one to carry the torch.

• aleanansidhe
    October 31, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Hmmm. Good food for thought. Reading this post just now did me a world of good. Thanks for posting.

• planethendrix
    October 31, 2012 at 7:12 pm

A very good post well written. You have a wise teacher.

• Shoujiki Jester
    October 31, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Your writing is wonderful, I look forward to reading it each day.

• lexa
    October 31, 2012 at 8:25 pm

AWESOME!

• Erika
    November 1, 2012 at 12:23 am

I am interested in the book!! I am new to your blog and it has quickly become one of my favourites. Thanks for leading me to it, you have something really special going on and I am glad I’m witnessing it.
    erikreki@yahoo.com

• jomaidment
    November 1, 2012 at 1:48 am

keep going, we all have faith in you, and your an inspiration as to what following your dream can do

• HopeSanity
    November 1, 2012 at 3:39 am

thank you for this post. 🙂 Spoke volumes to me right now. Keep writing your heart out.

• John M. Stewart
    November 1, 2012 at 8:15 am

An amazing post… thank you!

• ladynimue
    November 1, 2012 at 10:12 am

loved this post .. you got an interesting collection for inspiring words 🙂

• requiesit
    November 1, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Evan, I love the energy you have. My gosh if everyone carried the laser focus you exhibit in your writing this world would look incredibly different, and by different I mean awesome.

You talk about denial being the chief enemy of our lives. I do not disagree. I remember a quote by someone that goes like,”That which we choose not to observe in our lives is what controls us.” It couldn’t be more true. On a regular basis I see people unveil their lives and are the better for it.

I am wondering what structures do have in your life to keep in focused and sharpened. Do you have people that speak truth into your life regularly? Are they going down the same road? The reason I ask is I have some observations I would like to share with you, and I would also like to hear your feedback on how you are setup in this area in life. I am a fighter like you, and I admire your spirit. Let me know if you are open to a conversation.

• borninfaro
    November 1, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I needed to read this. I needed to confirm what I’ve known for years. You joined my blog which in turn made me aware of your existence. Well, one thing led to another and here I am posting a comment on your blog. I was beginning to look down on my ability to write anything that anyone would take the time to read but I was surprised at how many people actually hit the like button. And now your blog has rejuvenated my sagging spirit. Thank you.

• The Irish Bard
    November 1, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Thank you for the inspiration you give us all! You are changing perceptions- keep it up.

• Cyranette
    November 2, 2012 at 11:01 am

You are a gem, sweetie – full of life and passion. Write on and on and on!

"raw. electric. a daily shock to the soul."

Join hundreds of thousands of dreamers. Sign up for free to receive straight fire and motivation into your inbox daily!