It’s Up To You

I took a few days off. I needed to clear my head and try to look at the world from a new perspective.

We all bear crosses. Some are obvious, some are hidden. In the end, we must not make decisions based purely on what we think is logical, but what is in our hearts. Things may get complicated, but we have to dig deep and really ask ourselves what matters.

You have this life to live, and you only have one shot at it. How are you going to live it? I truly believe that within the depths of my chest there is a voice guiding me to the right decisions…to the right words…to the right feelings.

We are all given something incredibly special. Choice. We can choose to be anything we want to in our lives. This “choice” I feel often gets overlooked because we make things more complicated than they should be. What makes choices easier is when you know what you stand for. Love. Passion. Never Quit. These words guide my moral compass…and they have turned me into the man I am today. I will continue to let them guide me.

We all have hardships in our lives. We are going to be faced with what seems to be insurmountable obstacles. We will pretend that what is confronting us is an unstoppable force. But in reality, there is always another perspective, always another view…and in the end, there is always a choice.

With Great Love,

• amandaroederwrites
    May 5, 2012 at 9:47 pm

“The essential conditions of everything you do must be choice, love, passion.” – Nadia Boulanger

• pjgracecommunity
    May 5, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Missed your energy, great to hear another post!

• focusonme40
    May 5, 2012 at 11:36 pm

You’re so right as humans we think too much then fear and doubt set in. We should all go more with our gut feeling, our inner desires to be who we want to be. Anything is possible!

• stuartart
    May 6, 2012 at 2:27 am

The only thing that stops us is the fear of the unknown.

• fatgirlinskinnyworld
    May 6, 2012 at 4:40 am

This is what I’ve been thinking this week too – and I needed to see it! Great post!

• lbkennett
    May 6, 2012 at 4:56 am

I pray for you that in your decisions you will know what to do which way to go.

• Jim Cantwell
    May 6, 2012 at 8:35 am

Evan, I have been thinking the same way since we lost my brother last week and actually todays post on my blog goes along with your post almost hand in hand

• redheadjourney
    May 6, 2012 at 12:32 pm

True Wisdom is when the head and the heart combine. You already know what to do.

• Pink Ninjabi
    May 7, 2012 at 8:21 am

LOVE this post. And you’re right. We often, well I know I do, make decisions a lot more complicated than they need to be. It’s so simple really, and our hearts do this while our brains fight it. Thank you so much for this reminder. πŸ˜€

Pink.

• Pangeline Edwards
    May 8, 2012 at 11:37 am

Thanks Evan, as always you are an inspiration. At the end of the day the choices and decisions we make rests with ourselves. You have have made the decision to be the “Better Man” not to prove to anyone but yourself that you can do it. Your journey, drive, determination, and strength among other things certainly helps me to do what I know that I too can do. You are at a fork in the road, well both lead to good things so go ahead and choose one and of course, if you don’t like what you find then come back and take the other road. You said it – that simple.

• thejuicewa
    May 10, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Hi evans, this is a great motivational piece. I can really relate with these challenges we face these days.. Can I reblog this for my motivation mondays?

• thejuicewa
    May 14, 2012 at 11:32 am

Reblogged this on TEACH ME HOW TO JOSH and commented:
    Motivation Mondays-

Here’s an entry from someone I follow on WordPress. I hope it gives you all the lift you need this week.

Have a great week ahead!

• Ready to start your own journey of personal discovery + growth + happiness?! Want my book "Two Wolves" for FREE? Join over 4,000 others, get access to my book, motivational emails and great resources designed to help you create your best life!