Precious

Right? Isn’t that right? What is the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?

We are brought up being told that we can do anything we want with our lives. Become an astronaut, a firefighter, a jet pilot, a professional baseball player. But over time, our dreams are stifled by those dream stoppers: the people who tell us no…but most importantly…ourselves.

We tell ourselves no we can’t all day. We can’t do this and we can’t do that. We shouldn’t do this and we should be playing it safe instead. When we were kids…we were superheroes. We were saving the world, we were dreaming big, we were jumping as high as we can. Over time…we began to think superheroes didn’t really exist, that the world was beyond saving, that dreams were expensive, and that touching the sky was impossible. None of these…are impossible.

The most successful people in the world believe in one thing: themselves. They believe that if they can put their mind to something, and play all of their  chips, they have given themselves a great opportunity to make a dream happen. We can be anything we want to be, but you have to be willing to make the sacrifices. You have to give to receive…it is simply a natural law. You have to let go…to grow.

Be a superhero today. For your kids, for your friends…but most importantly, yourself.

Keep the dreams alive,

Nancy Pilling
    April 19, 2012 at 9:18 am

Good point today, Evan. Keep the faith!

stuartart
    April 19, 2012 at 9:36 am

The biggest fear is to lose what we already have. When we think of living our dream it usually involves risk. And that risk often is losing what we already have. Because the pain of loss is greater than the reward of gain we stick to our safety zone. Courage is the way forward. We need to ask ourselves often: ‘In what ways am I being courageous?’ Love your post Evan. 🙂

revmelissabrown
    April 19, 2012 at 9:46 am

Love it!!! I’m putting my cape on right now.

omwaombara
    April 19, 2012 at 11:21 am

“Keep the dreams alive”. Thanks or this reminder. Great blog.

jasonrumley
    April 19, 2012 at 11:50 am

That’s exactly the point.

Deb Prewitt
    April 19, 2012 at 3:46 pm

We do let our dreams fade and dimish as time goes by. But all we need is a little kick in the pants to be reminded of what we really want. We really can do anything we set our minds to, but it isn’t easy, and that is what bogs people down. You have to be able to DO THE WORK!

singleworkingmomswm
    April 19, 2012 at 4:40 pm

These encouraging reminders are just what I need these days! And, I love the photograph!

Paws To Talk
    April 19, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Keeping the dream alive!
    Bella and DiDi

eof737
    April 19, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I’m finally catching up on blogs! I’ll read/“Like” blog posts, but will come back to comment on other/future posts. Thanks for your patience! 🙂

Jim Cantwell
    April 20, 2012 at 6:39 am

Great post Evan,
    I am doing that now, my book is ready to publish, now to find an agent

stuartart
      April 20, 2012 at 7:13 am

Or you could self publish – that’s what I’m doing, launching on 20th May. 🙂

Mind Article – Dreams | mindbeingfit
    April 21, 2012 at 9:28 am

[…] Day (196) – Precious (thebettermanprojects.wordpress.com) Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. This entry was posted in Mind Articles and tagged Dream, Psychology. Bookmark the permalink. ← Body Article : An Equipment-less Gym – Part II (Final) […]

Die reis
    April 21, 2012 at 12:17 pm

“You have to let go…to grow”. So true, it’s just so difficult to know when you should let go. All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. ~Havelock Ellis

verseun
    April 21, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Inspirational

Brenda Blasingame
    April 22, 2012 at 10:49 am

Reblogged this on Awake-Aware-Alive-Delighted and Disturbed and commented:
    I love, love, love this post! I have been in a retreat this week about having the courage to be my authentic self and during the retreat I came to fully embrace a really important decision I made that was to allow me to live my life big from my soul. Without consciously knowing it I have been my own superhero for the last two years. I love thinking of myself in that way.

mypastmademe
    April 28, 2012 at 7:45 am

Reblogged this on mypastmademe and commented:
    As I wrestle with trying to make my dream a reality or following a more ‘responsible’ path, this post has reminded me to hold on tight to my vision. My first reblog, and deservedly so! 🙂

Oliver Valor Writingham
    July 13, 2012 at 12:24 pm

That was revitalizing. Thanks Evan! 🙂

get free instagram followers instantly
    February 17, 2014 at 8:46 am

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually recognize what you are talking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Please also visit my site =). We could have a
    link alternate arrangement among us