Strike

Strike when the iron’s hot. You’ve probably heard the expression right? This expression splits the population into two types of people.

The first type is the one who waits for opportunity to come to them and then takes the chance when the opportunity is loud and clear. What ends up happening though is most will spend their whole life waiting, working jobs they hate…wishing they could be something greater. The second type of person is the one who doesn’t wait to make opportunity for themselves, they find a way to make something happen…and they “make their own luck.” I want to be the second type of person.

These people live their lives on their terms, they set a path and they go after it. They accept the consequences of their actions and they know that at the end of the day, they will succeed. The concept that splits these two groups up comes down to one thing: fear. I hope you watched the video above because it really speaks volumes to this.

In my iPod, I have speeches, talks, and motivational videos. I do have some music…but in the times that are mentally and physically tough…I can go to these words and motivate myself to get me to the next set. I had a dream last night where I was in an interview with “life” and “life” asked me what I am afraid of. I am writing this post today because I responded exactly how that video said it. “I am afraid of what I won’t become.”

I have an opportunity to do something that came up in my head out of nowhere the other day…that I believe in so much that I am going to go all in on it and give it the blood sweat and tears it deserves. I can’t really talk about the nature of what it is, but I know that with the family support and my own personal passion for the subject, it will be an unreal success.

Don’t wait for someone to mold your life for you, strike while the iron is hot, make your own plan, find your passion and live it.

pickingalover
    April 15, 2012 at 10:39 am

Very inspiring and great words to live by.

Abhijeet Bhowmick (Abhy)
    April 15, 2012 at 10:57 am

Remember : Your Life …. your Way!

mullrich93
    April 15, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I absolutely love this message. I have been trying to work on this myself it is probably the biggest thing I want to work on. I wrote a similar piece to this one http://mattullrich.wordpress.com/2012/03/16/waiting-for-the-right-moment/ not as good as yours of course. It is still hard for me to get over the fear though and I don’t even know what I am afraid of. But I hope and I am sure you don’t have any problem getting over the fear.

thebettermanprojects
      April 15, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Mullrich, I think you will like this video I am going to post on your blog.

Jim Cantwell
    April 15, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Great post,
    I am the second type of person, I do not wait for things to happen, I make them happen. It is true you have to make your own luck.
    I wanted to own my own business and for the last 12 years I have.
    I want to be a published author and I just finished writing my first book, and I will become a published author, because I wont take no for an answer.
    Remember this, you wont know if your parachute will open unless you jump.
    Good luck with your idea, I hope it works out for you, I truly mean that, please keep us updated on your progress.

Paws To Talk
    April 15, 2012 at 6:05 pm

We want to be the second person too. πŸ™‚
    Bella and DiDi

lawrenceez
    April 16, 2012 at 3:18 am

Brilliant. I’ve taken some big risks before now, never regretted them.

thewardanceofthemindandsoul
    April 16, 2012 at 3:22 am

Fear of not reaching my potential is still a big fear for me, even after many years of seeking knowledge, creating change, inspiring others to believe that life can be what they want, etc. And when I watched the video I felt my heart tug, reminding me that however elusive the answer appears to be, I must never give up on me. Thanks for this, and good luck with your next project.

thebettermanprojects
      April 16, 2012 at 6:08 am

I love it. I always thought and found out that knowing is nice…but doing is where all the glory is.

Cassy
    April 16, 2012 at 5:27 am

Exactly. Each person is different… you can’t expect to fit in the exact mold of everyone else. Make your own mold! You will be a lot more comfortable than if you were to try to shove you into a form that did not suit you. Love the writing. =)

thebettermanprojects
      April 16, 2012 at 6:08 am

Exactly my point. You have to lead your own life, create your own path, or someone will create it for you.

The Wandering Mind
    April 16, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I have speeches & mantras on my mp3 player as well. Sometimes these statements just realign me and give me some focus.

eof737
    April 19, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Great post! I love the video too. πŸ™‚